XXII

"Corrin..."

I whisper wide eyed as my breathing and heart beat began to increase. I watched him as he stood unmoving against the edge of the forest but he wasn't looking at me. His eyes were on the camp, as if he didn't notice me standing here. This must be real. It had to be.

"Corrin!" I scream at him and this takes him off guard, breaks him away from his trance like daze as he turns to me. His eyes a piercing blue and I gasp. It wasn't a dream.

I begin to walk forward when I feel hands suddenly wrap around my waist and Raen breathing heavily down the back of my neck. Making my eyes widen.

"I got you.." He pants heavily into my neck causing my body to shiver before removing his hands and pushing me to the side and straight down onto a muddy surface.

I groan as my back comes into contact with the now padded ground filled with mud, my ears flattening at the squelching sound the ground makes when my body mounds its back into it. I narrow my eyes up at Raen when he chuckles.

"Raen!" I gasp out at the coldness, beginning to get up and turning my head in the direction of the forest. Corrin long gone as he seemed to disappear before groaning when Raen's body comes down and straddles mine. Each leg resting either side of me as he brings a hand up to wipe the dirt from his face.

"Don't you-"

I start but he only smiles at me innocently before bringing his hand down onto my cheek, rubbing the mud into my clean cheeks and I squeal, turning my head to the side but he runs it on the other cheek. My eyes flying open to look up at him, amusement filling them as I notice his smiling form.

"That's mature. You rub mud on people's faces often?" I question raising my eyebrows as he smears the dirt down my neck. His hands were freezing and I tried not to squirm.

"Only for you." His amused eyes fly up to mine, taking away from his concentration to look down at me.

"You're special."

"Oh I feel special alright." I state with a sigh, allowing him to grab mud from beside us on the ground before he begins to rub it into my hair.

"Gods I hate you." I sigh and he lets out a booming laughter at that as he continues to rub cold mud into my hair. I decide to pick some up at my sides, my hands going under his shirt and running the mud onto his bare skin around his back and torso.

Raen breath hitches from the cold as he looks down at me, his body arching closer to me in order to get away from my dirt filled hands but it only gives me more access as they move out from under his shirt and up to his hair. I chuckle as he narrows his gaze down at me, rolling his eyes while I dig my grimy fingers into his soft hair.

"Asshole." He mimics as he looks down with a small smile and I let my head fall back against the mud ground, letting out a boisterous laugh. I only gasp when he brings his hands under my shirt, holding a clump of mud to rub into my skin.

"No!" I yell as I chuckle harder, wiggling away from his cold hands massaging the dirt onto my body. He laughs in fond amusement as I bring my hands around the back of his neck, causing a chill to run down his body, his head coming down to my neck after a while as he lets his body lay on top of mine in the soaking wet mud.

It was still raining and it only got heavier now as my fingers tangled in his hair, my head resting back against the cold ground and I started to tremble, teeth chattering from the cold and wet.

Raen noticed this and took his head from my neck, his hands coming each side of me as he slowly got himself up, being careful not to slip and fall on top of me. I chuckled as he got to his feet, looking at him covered in dirt, he was just noticeable in the slowly darkening night.