XXV

"They are all horrible beings." I whispered out. My voice dry and sore from crying mercilessly for what felt like hours. Baja puffed air at me, almost in agreement as she lifted her head up slightly, licking my tear stained cheeks as I snuggled up to her side. I was cold and I wanted comfort from someone. Baja, as strange as it sounded being the next thing to my mother.

I smiled a small smile as Baja finishes her cleaning of my cheek and lets her head rest on the top of mine. Shivering as her fur chin tickles my forehead.

'Only evil beings are those among The Shadows.'

Baja states seriously. Her soothing voice making me want to sleep as she purrs deep in her throat. The sound vibrating through my head. Somehow I end up falling asleep in Baja's presence. Knowing that I was safe with her must have comforted my mind into relaxation. I was exhausted.

I only stirred when Baja growled low and threatening in her throat as the small wooden door to the horse pen slowly began to open. It closed quietly and I could hear soft footsteps slowly making their way to Baja and I.

Baja let her body relax at the sight of the intruder but her head shifted to the ground instead of where it nuzzles protectively against mine. I didn't bother to check who it was. It was most likely Bow coming to apologise as he was the only one who knew where I could be if not back at his house. I didn't want to see anyone right now. So I clutched Baja's fur as I gulped. Not turning my head as I spoke.

"I've got nothing to say to you Bow. Please, just leave. Right now I want to be alone."

Bow stopped in his trek to me but no sooner did he stop, he continued to walk over to me. Kneeling down by my side. I quickly felt a hand on my shoulder and I flinched away. My blood boiling as I let out a whine.

"I told you to-" I stopped in my tracks of turning my body around to Bow. My body freezing up and face paling when I realised it wasn't Bow that was standing behind me.

It was Raen.

Raen raised a brow at my speechless complexion and I let out a shaky breath as I averted my eyes to the ground and pulled myself into a sitting position. Pulling my knees up closer to my chest.

"W-What do you want?"

"You will freeze out here." Raen stated softly.

"I looked for you. Bow told me you might be here."

"I'm not leaving." I shifted my hands from my knees down to my legs as I kept my eyes glued to the floor.

"I don't want to sleep in his house."

"It is your house too."

Raen informs quietly and I only bite my lip at that. Not looking up at him because of how normal he was talking to me, as if me liking him had no affect on him and he just ignored it. As if my feelings didn't matter. He probably didn't care about me anyways. He was most likely used to this attention from girls or maybe men. I remembered Mila and I couldn't help but scowl at the ground.

"Mila is staying with Bow tonight-"

Speak of the devil.

I jumped when he placed his hand on my right shoulder. His thumb rubbing circles into the joining of neck and shoulder making chills run down my spine at the sensation. He makes me feel like this and he doesn't even have to try. He does it unknown to himself. Either that or he feels sorry for me.

"You can stay with me tonight."

I look up at him with confusion before shrugging my shoulders. His hand slipping down to my collarbone.