XXX

Raen explained everything that happened. Bow also had his say while Malakei and I stayed quiet. Malakei chose to let his gaze drop to the floor in fright of my father where as I had no choice. They were speaking in Bulgarian.

I fumed silently for another few minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. They could already be discussing when they were going to kill the elves and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Stop!" I call out to them in the middle of Bow speaking. He suddenly stops as I say this and looks at me. Everyone looks at me as I step forward, eyes on my father.

"It is unfair-" I begin as I look at my father. "-Unfair to think that you are hearing one side of an argument-"

"This is no argument Keylin." My father starts in a dangerously low voice that makes a shiver run up my spine.

"Elves trespassed into my home and decided to kill my people in search of my son. How else do you think I will react? What will the Sky Gods do to them if they found out they trespassed? I'm doing them a favour-"

"-You did." I cut him off. "You trespassed into a foreign land. You killed their people to kidnap me; the King's grandson. How else would they react?!"

"Don't raise your voice at me Keylin." My father seethes lowly making me grit my teeth in anger as tears start to prick my eyes. The realisation that no matter what I say will never change his mind. He had made his decision.

My father notices this and turns his attention on Bow.

"Everyone out now. This is not your conversation."

Bow blinks slightly before nodding stiffly and walking out of the tent. Malakei follows suit like a kicked puppy with his tail between his legs. Raen hesitates at first but walks by me. Waiting until the last second before looking back at me but I turn my head to the side. Refusing to let him see me cry this time. Knowing that he won.

"You've already made your decision." I whisper out in defeat. Not looking at my father as he stands in front of me unmoving.

"I'm sorry Keylin."

He sighs out and at that I turn to him. Feeling hurt and betrayed. Out of everyone, I thought he would understand the most but I was wrong. I was wrong about him all along. My father was nothing special. He was simply a Dry Lander who got my mom pregnant and was left to deal with his mistakes. I meant nothing to him. Why would I? I've only known him for a short time. He has known Bow since he was a boy.

"I know you're upset but we both know that this is the only way. They will never stop. Your grandfather will never stop searching for you and this is the only way to send that old bastard a message."

"This is unkind and you know it." I let a tear fall from my eyes as I meet his gaze.

"This is wrong. They don't deserve to die. I grew up with those people! They're innocent. If it was the other way around they would show you mercy-"

"I don't want their mercy." Father spits the words as if they were venom on his tongue.

"I want revenge for keeping my son from me. For killing my people and for keeping me from your mother-"