[Reggie]Lies

"Unbelievable.Reggie,you tell me how I'm the best thing that happened to you.That I was your one and only,for what?Did you want me to be hurt?I don't even know why I let you back into my life."

A slam of the locker made the boy flinch.Her icy stare developed into a simple flabbergasted expression.

"[Y/n],please,you are the best thing that happened to-"

"Then why'd you do it?"

Slight strands of hair began to slip above her eyes,shielding the anger from the ebony boy.

"I don't know."

An unpleasant memory ran to the front of their minds.Her mind heaved at the thought of Reggie,heaving as if it had been a moldy old sandwich.His having butterflies flutter around without a single thought.

"Reggie.....I keep forgiving you.More than three times this has happened and I'm the one who ends up hurt.You come in,like the hero of the story,and knock me off my feet with a sweet,sappy apology.How do I know that you won't do this again?How can I be in a relationship when you cheat on me more than once?"

He began to choke on his preposterous words.Her nagging cut any mental type of communication to find words.The perfect cherry on top was the painful look that bounced off her eyes onto his very own.

"[Y/n],I truly am sorry.I know that I don't deserve you but I love you.You're the best thing that's happened to me."

"How many times have you stated that very sentence?"

Her words were forcefully squeezed out of her and slightly bitter,like a lemon.A sad burden tear that dangled from her eyelash fell,gliding down her face until it was pushed past her chin.

"I've honestly heard it way too many times....and I'm done.I really am.That's why I've decided on something."The precious ocean blue jewl hung from her grip,tangling as if it were trying to hypnotize anyone who came across it,the chain flew every which way."I'm breaking up with you.You can have this back and.....keep all the memories we shared,I don't want them for the time being."

Her hand gave his a small tight squeeze,pressing them back together when the pendant was in his grip.

"I love you,Reggie."

Another forbidden tear slipped out.His gaze fell at his own reflection deep in her eyes.His words tumbled out as soon as his lips parted."I love you too."

"But I just don't think we're meant for one another.You're not for me....and I'm not for you."

Her eyes said everything she didn't have the nerve to spat in his face,'You cheated on me.Not once.Not twice.More than three times.You're a cheater,you know it,and you won't admit it.Why would I stay with you when we both know the relationship will crumble into pieces.'

Her lips slowly formed into a sad smile whilst her brows went up in sorrow."We could be friends....if you like?"

The statement twisted and turned in the atmosphere before it slipped into his mind.A satisfied nod came from each one as they pulled in for a hug.

"I'll see you around then.Bye dork."

"Bye jerk."

The last giggle released from her,wandered the halls just until she disappeared into the crowd.

****

Reggie:Wanna hang out,just friend?

As if a magic spell had been sent linked with the message,a happy smile came upon her lips.

Me:Sure.Is Pop's ok?

Pushing her books apart and settling down on the silky sheets,she replied.An ear to ear smile not leaving one minute.Maybe her and Reggie weren't a couple,maybe they weren't even to stand each other time to time but they would be only able to be friends.

Just friends.Nothing else.Friends they would be until she thought it was right to love him.

Reggie:sure.Let me finish getting dresses and I'll meet u in half an hour.😊

Fits of laughter echoed through her fitted walls.Each minute she gaped for air before initially returning to laugh.

Me:I didn't know u wore dresses.

Reggie:You well now you know.Don't worry,I'll go dressed up in guy clothes.😉

She enjoyed texting him-even if it was hard to imagine him as just a friend-she loved every hour they shared every day just like they had done when they were together.

In the spare moment,she stood before him.Her mouth reached the center of the earth whilst tears flooded her eyes.

"I don't know what to say."

Her hand shakily took the beautiful bag-containing a dress-and held onto it as if it were the thing that held her down onto the earth.

"Just say you'll go to the dance with me,[Y/n],think of it just as two friends going."

"Ok.Reggie Mantle,I will go to the dance with you.Just as a friend."

Reggie spread his arms for her to jump into and they celebrated with milkshakes and fries.
_______________________________________________________________________
I know it isn't a Jughead imagine but this came into mind while I watched Jimmy Fallon and tried getting rid of a tummy ache.But sorry for slow updates,my younger brother is going away next week with my father-stepdad to be exact but I call him dad-and I'm trying to spend as much time with him as possible.

I also need a new show to watch,comment what I should watch us I need a new band to listen to.Tell me!!!