seven

~ Camila's POV ~

We arrive at the camping site and my eyes shoot directly to Daniel.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE" I scream at Marissa.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you he changed his mind about coming, too."

"You forgot? How do you forget to tell me about that?" I am in disbelief.

"Breaking news. The world doesn't revolve around you, Camila."

I gape at Marissa.

"You're right. If the world revolved around me, then you would have at least mentioned Daniel was here!"

"If you are going to throw a pity party, you might as well walk your sorry ass back home. I'm sure we'll all benefit from it, especially Daniel."

Did she really just say that? Bitch.

Without another word, I get out of the car and storm towards the burning campfire. I throw my stuff into what appeared to be Marissa's tent. I sit down on my phone, and go on Instagram. Nothing was loading.

You're joking. There's no internet.

What did you even expect anyways? You're in the middle of a goddamn forest!

I don't realize that another person has walked up next to me.

"Camila! You came!" I look up and see Zach smiling down at me. I couldn't help but smile a little bit.

"Yeah. I felt lonely." I say.

"Cool. Well, we are going canoeing in a second. Wanna go?" He wonders.

"Uh, not reall-"

"Yes! She would love to go!" Morgan swooped in.

"Sweet. See ya." Zach starts to walk away.

"What the hell was that?" I ask Morgan.

"If you are going to come all this way, you are going to do all the activities!" She insists.

"Fine," I say, pissed. "But I am under no circumstances riding with Daniel."

"Okay! Okay! You don't have to." Morgan smiles. "Come on, let's go get ready!"

I stand up and head over to Morgan and Marissa's tent. I open my bag and pull out a swimsuit. I put on a white t-shirt over the swimsuit. Me and Morgan walk out of the tent and she leads me to the dock. There are 5 fluorescent orange canoes. Two people could fit in each. Morgan and Marissa piled in one, Jack and Zach in another, and Corbyn and Jonah in the last. It left me with Daniel. There were still two left, and I watch as Daniel gets in one. I get in the other.

Turns out that canoes are way harder to maneuver by yourself than I had expected. I kept crashing into fallen trees. Daniel was not having much luck either, as we both fell behind.

The next thing I knew, the three other canoes were gone, leaving just me and Daniel at this part of the lake. Alone. I stood up to try and get a better view of the lake to see the others. The canoe wobbled underneath me.

"You're gonna fall in, dumbass." says Daniel.

The five words were enough to make me fall in.

I screech as I fall into the murky green lakewater. If there is anything I hate more than fucking canoes, it's the lake. I swear something touched my foot as I was paddling in the deep water. I scream for help. This is not happening. I start to hysterically cry. I didn't even care if Daniel was judging me, or if he thinks I am a crybaby. The only thing I could think about was how much I needed to get out of this fucking water.