twenty three

~Zach's POV~

(A/N: Guys, I realised this party has been like 3 chapters so just keep in mind it's about like 3am right now.)

I closed the door behind me and hopped down the stairs. As soon as I reached the bottom step, I fell right into August.

"Watch it-" August turns around to face me. "Oh, hey bro!"

"Hey, have you seen Daniel?" I ask quickly.

"I saw him a while ago in the backyard." He slurred. He tripped over his feet pointing to the pool.

"Thanks, bye." I ran away before he could respond. I pushed through thick crowds of bodies before I reached the doors. I pulled them open and looked for Daniel.

I searched everywhere for him, but I couldn't find him. I went back inside and went out the front door. I looked everywhere but he was still not to be found. I ran my hands through my hair and turned around. I saw him sitting on the roof with a bottle of vodka in his hand.

I walk back inside and run up to the guest bedroom upstairs. I open the window and climb out onto the roof.

"Hey man." I sigh. I take in his appearance; his hair was messy and ruffled and his eyes were red, almost as if he was just crying.

"Hey Zach." He sighs. "Nobody is ever gonna love me."

"What?"

"I'm an idiot. I fucked things up again for like the hundredth time."

"Yea, I know. What were you thinking?"

"I don't know but it's all my fault; I shouldn't have let that stupid bitch near me. She always does stuff like that." It was hard to understand him, the slur of his words made it almost impossible to interpret. 

"All I wanted was to tell Camila how I really felt about her-"

"And..? how do you feel about her?" I interrupt.

"Zach, I love her. I was going to tell her but now she will never know. Besides, because of what I did, I'm positive she will hate me forever."

"Just, go talk to her. Maybe she won't hate you if she knows Aspen conducted the whole thing."

"Where is she?"

"Oh, right. She's sleeping."

"Shit."

"Why's that so bad?" I ask.

"Girls always overthink things when they have time to themselves. Tomorrow she's going to wake up and hate me!"

"Sorry bro, but I think she already does."

Without another word, he stands up and climbs off the roof.

A/N: This sucks that this is such a short chapter but we live in Orlando and we are worried we may lose wifi for awhile cause of the hurricane and decided to post what we have.  Thank you for all the support. Stay safe!