two // stop existing and start living

~ Brave -Riley Pearce ~

I'm very unhappy with how I've written this chapter, and at some point I will come back and fix it. But since the first chapter was short, I wanted to give you all another.

xx Charliiiiiiiii

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

New Orleans.

I never thought a city could be like this.

Jazz music on every corner.

The energy is incredible, everyone just seems so happy.

It's the kind of city I would love to live in. Which is kind of wonderful considering the only family I have is here. I don't know if they're passing through or live here, but I know they're here.

And I'm on the hunt to find them.

This was the closet estimate I could get, so now I'm not sure what I can do exactly. Just be a look out to anything suspicious I guess. I might even have to camp out on a full moon and try to find the werewolves. That is, if the person has broken the curse.

There is a lot to consider.

I don't even know a gender.

I find myself entering a jazz bar with a live band playing, not to my surprise. My eyes scatter the room, closely watching everyone's subtle movements.

It's one thing to push a girls hair out of her face, but to do so in order to see the veins in her neck, is very different. Just something I've picked up over the years, not that I've lived a lot of them.

My eyes settle on a pale, beared man in a stupid hat.

His eyes never leaving the woman's neck as she throws herself at him.

However he doesn't seem interested. In the girl or drinking her dry. He's being good, very well behaved. Almost like he's been trained.

I shake my head, tucking my hair behind my ear and heading for the bar.

I ask the bartender for a water and they're surprised, but get it for me anyway as I take a seat.

"Ordering water at a bar. You're either smart or a complete bore."

My head snaps towards the person the voice belonged to. A very attractive, young African American man. A man I've never seen in my life. And all I can do is pray he isn't here to try anything with me.

"I'd like to think smart" I smile warmly, giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don't know him, and I have no reason to believe he isn't but a simple man.

I silently question whether the neck hole of his dark grey shirt is too big.

It definitely is.

"I like that" he smiled back.

A slight blush is felt on my cheeks. Not because I'm interested in him in any way. Simply because male attention is unknown to me.

"I saw you staring at my man Thierry over there and I thought I'd spare you the heartache. He's very much taken."

I raise an eyebrow, not expecting him to be so straight forward.

"I however, am completely available."

My head turns quickly to Thierry, his eyes looking directly at the man speaking to me.

Which only leads me to wonder. If they're friends, this man is bound to know what Thierry is. Or better yet, he could be the same.