eleven // hands of time

~ Hands Of Time-Rachel Diggs ~

Okay can we please take a second to appreciate Daniel Sharman as Kol in season 2.

^^^My god he is perfection^^^

I love him.

Enjoy the chapter my loves!

xx Charliiiiiiii

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

August 1359. I have noticed a difference in my siblings.

Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires.

Each day removes them further from the humanity they once possessed.

My sweet sister Rebekah has grown quite indifferent to brutality.

However, the true problem remains my brother Niklaus.

He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty.

Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united.

For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

Reading Elijah's words helped me feel connected to him in his absence. I'd rummaged through chests of things the family had collected over the years and came across the books Elijah had written in of his experiences.

I missed him, every day, some days more than others. It was becoming almost unbearable.

It was quite fascinating learning of the family history from his perspective, instead of mine, because all of the information running through my head isn't mine. I wasn't there. I didn't experience anything over the years.

It's about time I start.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." I overhear Rebekah say, talking of the vampire bodies that once laid piled up in the front yard.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child." Niklaus replies, causing my eye brow to raise.

And to think, I was warming up to him.

I stand from my cross-legged sitting position on the study floor, making my way out of the room to find the pleasant family members.

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your human bun in her oven."

Again with the name calling. What is with this family?

"Faith would like to know what the plan is." I intrude in the living room, putting emphasis on my name.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love." Niklaus smiles against the door frame. "My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

Just like that, Rebekah picks up a pencil and throws it at her brother's face. Luckily, he caught it with ease.

"The plan to rescue Elijah" I intervene. "You know, the good brother, the one who doesn't refer to me as the pregnant girl. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back."