nineteen // final countdown

So.

I watched the series finale of The Originals.

I've been heartbroken and angry as FUCK, for weeks.

Sure, it was kinda beautiful, but it was DUMB. REALLY FUCKING DUMB, and I am ANGRY.

I have so much to say about it, that I'm honestly thinking about posting a rant chapter on the episode. I figure all of us can say what we think in the comments. Would you guys be interested in that??

Enjoy the chapter guys, I'm sorry it's been a while. Again.

••••••••••

I could feel it in my bones.

I could feel it in every fibre of my being.

Something was wrong.

And as I fumble through Esther's grimores, I'm consumed with the undying thought of Niklaus' end.

The fact that he was immortal wasn't enough to help settle my nerves.

The people of Mystic Falls found a way to take him from me, who's to say it can't be done again.

Finally finding the right spell, I stumble off the floor and place the book on Niklaus' desk, quickly wondering off to grab some candles from the kitchen.

Placing them on each corner of the desk, Niklaus' words fill me head. The corners of my mind scratching at them. No more magic.

My eyes travel slowly down to our baby, my fingers grazing the surface of my stomach.

She needs her father. I need her father.

That promise means nothing if our daughter doesn't have a father.

And instantly, my mind is made up.

Closing my eyes, I take in a deep breath.

I feel the heat of the flames as they rise and feel the sudden rush of energy.

"Aparté, aparabis" I whisper.

And just like that, I feel every cell split, and vanish.

-

3rd person POV

-

"Let's end this charade, shall we?" Niklaus' voice is focused on Marcel and his sister, only for his attention to change, and foresee everyone around him. "Vampires of New Orleans, do recall that I am an original, a hybrid. I cannot be killed."

While this was true, Marcel and Rebekah had a plan around that.

"Eternity is an awfully long time. How long do you think Marcel will stay in power? What if one of you lot were to release me, knowing I would be eternally in your debt? Oh, I would pity those of you who dared to cross me. I can assure you, your ends would be spectacular." His taunts only fuelled the fire in each vampire, although he had a tactic. The look of anger and disgust was plastered on every face, including Diego's, who was ready to launch.

Having circled the vampires of New Orleans, Klaus turns his sights back to Marcel. "To borrow a trick from an old friend" he begins, taking a coin from his jacket, lifting to high for everyone to see. "Whoever picks up this coin gets to live." He chucks the coin onto the ground, leaving it in everyone's reach. "Now, which of you magnificent bastards wants to join me?"