nine // keep holding on

~ Keep holding on - Avril Lavigne ~

This chapter is dedicated to stunningphanx, who I am incredibly glad is loving this book and appreciating my character development.

I'm really tired, so my editing might not be all that great ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Klaus threw the last body onto the growing pile of lifeless corpses, right in front of their so-called home. The corpses being the vampires Rebekah had killed in the last 24 hours, and Klaus was pissed beyond belief. 

Faith however, could not care less how he feels in this moment. She was to busy horrified by the scene playing out in front of her. 

"This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the quarter."

"Don't you think I know that? I've spent more time here then you have with Marcel in charge, I know the rules" Faith spits back, not caring for his tone. 

Klaus ignores her, going on with his ramble. "I had a plan, and your little night time stroll put it all in peril."

One of the bodies started to squirm, and make noises of pain and struggle for breath. This unsettled Faith completely, and by the way Rebekah was making a move to end his suffering, it unsettled her too.

"Leave him!" Klaus yelled, causing her to stop in her tracks. "You've done enough, don't you think, leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?"

Rebekah scoffed. "If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed, and don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing!"

Faith felt the need to cheer her friend on.

"Elijah made a deal to protect your child so that he could save you from your selfish, rotten self. You obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah because what have you done to honor it?"

It was nice to hear Rebekah speak of the child graciously, Faith thought. She could tell she cared for it like Elijah once had, unlike her sorry excuse for an ex-boyfriend.

"I have done everything." Klaus growls, before lifting his arms in a way that told the girls he was about to make a speech they most likely didn't care for.

"Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From day one, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain, which as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control. I needed a spy, someone on the inside with me who Marcel would never suspect, so I created a day zero and got there first."

Faith couldn't help but think of the person he had turned, the person that deserved the choice.

"Marcel had just lost thanks to your little murder spree, and he needed new recruits, so I made the new one mine before he'd had even a drop of vervain. But we all know the real way to a man is through his heart, so..."

Klaus' mind found its way to the memory of the brave bartender, mastering in psycology, the beautiful blonde named Cami.

***

Klaus had been sitting at the bar, waiting for the girl Marcel had taken a liking to. He had timed it well, as he sees Cami making her way across the room.

"So my mate Marcel" he catches her attention, causing her to stop walking. "Nice bloke, don't you think?"

She considers walking away, however she felt the need to justify her disinterest. "No." She states, turning to Klaus, holding her books tightly to her chest. "He's charming, sexy, confident, incredibly hot. Let's be honest, he's a bad boy right, like you, and right now I only need good in my life, not someone who's-"