twelve // raise the dead

I didn't know what I would do when I showed up. Whether I would pretend I didn't know Marcel or not. All I knew was that I was nervous.

I'm nervous as I step into what used to be the Mikaelson home, but is now Marcel's.

I'm nervous enough to latch onto Niklaus' arm for dear life, watching the scene play out in front of me behind my mask.

Marcel definitely knows how to throw a party.

The first thing I notice are the bars stationed in multiple areas of the place. Which is strange, because there is so much more going on. Dancers are falling from the ceiling, women are standing on platforms playing with snakes and confetti is falling left, right and centre.

I've never seen anything like it.

"Well, this certainly is a fitting backdrop for tonight's events, I must say." Niklaus smirks, the music overpowering my senses.

My head snaps around, until my eyes land on a beautiful girl, dressed as an angel. Perfectly white and innocent. And apparently I'm not the only one who spotted her.

"Hey, what's she doing here?" Niklaus asks Rebekah, obviously having met her before.

I'd never thought about Niklaus meeting other women while I stay at home, until now.

"What better way to distract Marcel that to put his very human, new girl in a room chock full of vampires?" Rebekah enlightens us, walking off to meet up to meet up with the beautiful blonde.

"And she is?" I can't help but wonder, not having much luck with blondes. I still remember the way he danced with Caroline at the ball his family had thrown. I know nothing happened, but jealousy has never been my friend.

"Cami. The bartender, and Marcel's new interest" Niklaus informs, bringing me with him as we make our way over to them.

"Is he the famous on again, off again?" I hear Cami ask, almost causing a laugh to escape me.

I feel Niklaus tense his shoulders. "He's the brother, actually, and my sister is right. You do look stunning."

I hadn't heard the compliment apparently Rebekah had given, since I hadn't listened in, as I'm sure Niklaus did.

"You clean up pretty well yourself." Cami replies, smiling genuinely. She seems very warm, very calming. I like the way she makes me feel, all fuzzy and warm.

"Well, don't be fooled, love. I'm the devil in disguise." Niklaus references his so called costume. However, all I see is a gorgeous suit, no devil present in his 'costume' or anywhere else.

"This is Faith" Rebekah introduces, gesturing towards me. "You two chat" She says, before wrapping her arm around mine. "We need booze." Before I can object, I'm being pulled out of Niklaus' grasp and off to the bar.

And I can't even drink.

My head turns back, seeing the concerned look on his face fading away. I suppose asking a beautiful girl to get a drink with him sets his mind at ease, since that is exactly what he did.

"Scotch please" Rebekah asks the bartender.

I go to ask her about this girl, not only Marcel but Niklaus seem to have an interest in, only for the devil himself to stop the words from flying from my mouth.

"You trying to be cute inviting her here?" He asks Rebekah, not having noticed my existence.

Rebekah's mouth forms a thin line as she turns to him. "I think she's darling. I can tell you fancy her pure heart. Perhaps I'll feed it to you."