seven // conquer from within

For those of you that have watched the originals, which I'm assuming is most/all of you, these last few chapters have only been based on the first episode.  I was going to cut some scenes to fasten the pace but I thought, people's  reaction to the child are really important.

Anyway, we're on chapter seven and have barely begun, so buckle up, there's a lot more to go.

This is the LAST chapter based on the first episode. We are finally moving on after this one. YAY!

xx Charliiiiiiii

- - - - - - - -

Grabbinging yet another piece of cloth off the furniture, I cough, pulling it off and onto the ground.

"Are you alright?" My head snaps up as another cough escapes my lips. Elijah steps into the room, smiling softly. I was thankful it was him, and not his good for nothing brother. 

"Besides the fact that I'm being held here against my will, being forced to see the man that got me pregnant and broke my heart, everyday?" I laugh bitterly, my eyes finding the floor. I've tried to make myself feel better by laughing about it, but nothing can help me at this point. "Just dust." I mumble under my breath.

Elijah smiles at my ability to be honest about the situation, although he does not address it. He simply goes on to talk about the house. "Yes. It should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the quarter."

The house is beautiful, and far from those of New Orleans that wish us harm. I can't exactly complain. 

"Right now, you're the most important person in this family." Elijah continues. "You need a good home."

I smile warmly, watching as he makes his way towards me.

"So I'm curious. In all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?"

Although Elijah and I had spoken before he arrived in New Orleans, we never really spoke. Not about this, not about the baby. And he's one of the few people I would have told if I had known. No one could have asked how I felt, if they didn't know. 

The witches don't count. They are awful human beings that I want nothing to do with, not that I have a choice.

"About having a miracle baby with an original hybrid?" I question, my lips forming a straight line. 

"About being a mother." His eyes stare into mine, looking with complete sincerity.

The word had really touched something inside of me. I hadn't even had a chance to think about it. I hadn't had a chance to really think what it meant, or could mean.

Not to mention the father. Can I even call him the father if he wants nothing to do with the baby? He definitely isn't a father in my eyes, not after the way he treated me.

"Before I was put to sleep, my sister was almost two years old." I whisper, my fingers beginning to play with the material of the chair I'm now leaning on. "I never got to see her grow up. And I know, that because this child is Klaus Mikaelson's, they will never live a life of peace. People just like these witches, will do everything in their power to take this baby from me."

Elijah took a step towards me, a tear falling down my cheek. "If I don't do what the witches want, my child might not be born. Never mind me living long enough to see them grow up and for me to become a mother." 

And just like that, Elijah takes me in his arms, embracing me tightly as I completely break down in front of him. The simple tears weren't tears anymore.