thirteen // dark paradise

Dark Paradise - Lana Del Rey
~

~~~~~~~~

Over the course of my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil.

Such terms mean nothing.

People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt.

Is it evil to take what one wants, to satisfy hunger even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world.

You see, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me.

What I found was the woman I love, pregnant, in need of protection.

My brother, always the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her, when really I'd do anything for her.

He thought it might redeem me.

Trouble is, I've since learned of another young women, a girl really, one with vast potential, held in captivity by a tyrant.

I want to help both of these women. Protect one and free the other.

So tell me, does that sound evil to you?

Watching Cami leave the house, my eyes travel up the stairs to see Niklaus coming down them in triumph.

"What are you so happy about?" I question, leaning against the stair railing.

"I've found myself a stenographer" he grins, walking right past me and towards the study.

I'm instantly concerned, following after him. "Don't tell me you're compelling that poor girl to write your stupid memoirs."

"Fine. I won't" he smirks, turning back to me.

I feel the need to talk some sense into him, tell him she's an innocent woman who doesn't deserve to have her mind messed with. But then I realise, knowing him, he'd ignore me with no exception.

"I have to talk to you about something" I state, finding a seat across from his on the other side of his desk.

"Spit it out, I've got plans to execute." He mutters, obviously uninterested as his eyes travel the room.

"Marcel called me" I watch as his head snaps towards me, my words catching his attention.

"Oh right, because you two are such good friends" he says bitterly. He's still holding a grudge against me for keeping our friendship from him. But in this case, it could be helpful.

"He told me about a girl he's mentoring and asked if I could take her to the music festival tonight."

I wait for him to put the pieces together, and when his eyes widen, I know he knows.

"Davina" he smiles, sitting forward, lost in thought.

"He trusts me, after I helped him through Katie's attack. So I can talk to her and see what she knows, how this really happened."

I wanted to help get Elijah back, and I knew this was the perfect oppurtunity to get the information I needed.

She's the key to everything.

"No way, not happening. It's too dangerous."

"Let's not forget I'm a witch and perfectly capable of taking care of myself."