three // i knew you were trouble

~ ~Friends - Chase Atlantic~ ~

I thought it would take me longer, but as it turns out, it only took me four days.

Four days to find the girl.

All I know about her is her name, why she's in New Orleans and that she eats at the same bar almost every day.

Hayley. 

Her name is Hayley. 

She's here for the same reason I am, only she thinks there are more of us. There aren't. She's looking for her parents, and all I can think is that she's never going to find them.

You're probably wondering how I found her. I didn't just look in a crowd and find her. It wasn't her face or her voice for that matter. It was a mark on her shoulder. A birth mark in which I have the exact same one, only it's in a different place. Mine is on my right hip, my pelvis if you will.

I noticed it when I came back to the bar Marcel had introduced me too, and wouldn't you know she was sitting all alone on a bar stool.

It's been three days since I found her, and I still haven't found the courage to tell her who I am. I've basically been stalking the poor girl.

But I have to say, the gumbo really helps the situation.

I sit back on my seat, watching her silently as she talks to the bartender who I came to know as Jane-Anne. Her sister Sophie is the girl running the kitchen.

I knew they were witches the second I walked in the door. I could feel it. In a way it made me nervous, I didn't know whether to feel threatened or not. But in time, I grew to not care.

After all, no magic in the quarter.

"Third time in here this week." The bartender smiles at Hayley.

"I'm obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne." She says, looking up at her.

"The old ladies in the Ninth Ward say my sister Sophie bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish."

I heard the same story yesterday.

"I asked around the Quarter about my family."

Hayley has talked to Jane-Anne about her search every day. I don't know how I feel about her being so open about it, but I can't exactly say anything to stop her.

"And?" Jane-Anne questions.

"Nothing. Zero. I can't find a single person who remembers them."

"Because, Hayley, people like you were run out of here years ago."

This caught my attention. Hayley has never mentioned what she is, so I don't understand how Jane-Anne could have known.

"What do you mean, people like me?" Hayley asks, her concern evident in her voice.

I almost stand up at the sight of Jane- Anne coming around the bar. She could make a move against her, after all werewolves aren't exactly welcomed here.

Only then do I see a map in her hand.

"In the bayou, they call the werewolves rougarou." I watch as she circles somewhere on the map. "You head out there, you'll find what you're looking for."

Hayley gets up from her stool, getting ready to leave.

"Be careful." Jane-Anne warns. "It's the last place you'd ever want to go."

The bayou. No way am I letting Hayley go out there by herself. I don't know the place, but I know anywhere out in the woods at night is a bad idea.