fourteen // waiting game

With blood and bodies scattered everywhere, Klaus makes his way through the bayou in search for Rebekah and Faith. After his phone call with Rebekah, he couldn't stay away.

He did however notice the crushed throats, that couldn't possibly have been caused by Rebekah. Not her style at all, and yet he didn't think it was Faith's either.

This only made him think she must've been in real danger if she were to do something like this. He should've been there.

Finally, he sees them, and speeds over to Rebekah's side. She had been positioned on her knees, looking over Faith's body intently.

"Well, you abandoned your quest for power to help out your family. Having an off day?" Rebekah mocks, turning Faith's head over in order to inspect the blood spilt.

"What happened, Rebekah?" Klaus asks simply, although extremely concerned.

"I don't know." She answers just as simple.

"What do you mean you don't know?" he questions harshly, angry at the little amount of information he was given. None, actually.

"I don't know, I got here right before she collapsed" she answers, annoyed with herself. She had thought the same thing that crossed Klaus' mind, she should have been there.

He stays quiet, listening closely. A sigh of relief leaves his lips, hearing the steady heartbeat of his child.

His fingers run along Faith's cheek, seeing the blood that had spilt from her nose. His mind travels, knowing she had done magic in order to protect herself. A lot of magic. Just like when she protected Marcel, she collapsed after doing so.

His head snaps towards Rebekah, putting together the pattern. "Her magic."

"What about it?" she asks, confused by the topic.

"Esther said she wouldn't be able to control it" he recalls, brushing a strand of hair from her face. "That her kind was unnatural. It must be why her body is rejecting her magic."

"A witch can only access a certain amount of power" Rebekah mutters, finally understanding. "She has too much."

Klaus doesn't waist anymore time, biting into the flesh of his wrist. The blood drips down his arm, until he brings his hand to Faith's mouth.

She chokes on it at first, until finally she welcomes it into her mouth, knowing it would heal her.

Her eyes snapped open, sitting up from the place she laid.

"The witches were supposed to protect you." Klaus grumbles, standing from the ground. "When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux-"

"It wasn't Sophie." Faith interupts. "It was Agnes."

"Fine. Agnes, Sophie. It's all the same to me. I'll slaughter the lot of them."

"Not if Elijah gets there first." Rebekah adds, catching Faith's attention.

"Elijah? Did you find him?" She asks softly, not having the strength to do much of the sort.

"He's been in touch, and he has a plan." She answers, looking from her brother to her. "All he asked is that we take care of you."

Faith smiles softly, her head still cloudy despite the blood she had just consumed.

She was happy to know Elijah was alright, it meant a lot to her. It almost made the horrendous night worth it.

"Can we go home now?" She asks, her palm pressing to her forehead. "I'd really like to sleep for a few days."

Klaus smiled to himself, having heard his love call his home, her home. She attempts to stand, although her legs give out quickly. "I've got you, love." Kneeling back down, he takes her into his grasp, lifting her up bridal style.