twenty // I get to love you

~I get to love you - Ruelle~

Hello my beautiful readers.

I'd be very surprised if anyone kept this book around in their library, because I have clearly neglected it. It's been a very long time. I won't make up any excuses, there isn't one that will satisfy you.

But I've written this chapter because I love this book and it deserves better then what I gave it. I don't know if I'll continue writing, but hopefully I will.

This was my first time writing a smut scene and I really didn't know how to go about it. This book isn't crude or dirty, it isn't sexual or graphic in any way.  While I won't lie and say I don't like reading books like that, I do, I just don't see this book that way. So while it was extremely hard to leave out all the graphic detail, I made the decision to write the scene fluffy, no swearing or graphic terms, no crude language. This book and these two lovebirds aren't like that.

It's short and it's not very good but it is my first time so cut me some slack, please.

I hope you guys can maybe let me know what to change since this was my first time writing a chapter like this and I want to improve. But I do hope you can also agree with me, or maybe respect my choice to make it fluffy.

Thanks to those of you who have stuck around. This one's for you!

xx Charliiiiiii

~~~~~~~~~~~

Faith

"We said no more magic."

I hear his voice before I see him.

I practically run from the study, making my way towards the front door where I know he'll be. And he is, standing in the foyer staring right at me, as if he sensed which direction I'd be coming from. He just knew.

Just like he knew I wouldn't stop running. I run into his arms, wrapping my arms and legs around him, hanging on for dear life. He takes my body into his warm, tight hold. I sigh in relief, being able to feel him in my grasp more reassuring than any magic.

"I needed to know you were safe." I whisper into his neck, my fingers finding his hair. I breathe him in, his smell lighting every fibre of my being.

His arms tighten around my back, holding me closer. I feel him take in a deep breath. "I am now."

I kiss his neck softly, longingly, before pulling mere centimetres away from him. Connecting our foreheads, another deep breath falls from my lips. "Being immortal isn't enough. I'm never going to stop worrying about you."

Staring into his eyes, I watch the emotion in them change. "And I'm never going to stop worrying about you." A soft smile finds me, a beautiful warmth growing in my chest. "Both of you."

This catches my full attention, my body perking up at the words. Both of us. Me and our baby. It finally feels like she's our baby, that we both love her.

And all I want to do is love him, all through the night.

Connecting our lips in a slow, tender kiss, I feel every form of love for this man and I am in no way, shape or form, letting him go.

His lips are rough but gentle all at the same time, caressing my mouth so soothingly I melt in his arms. I want more, I always want more.

My tongue fights to enter his mouth but he refuses to let me in. However, I'm just as stubborn as he is. I bite down on his bottom lip softly and pull, giving me less than a second to find my way in.