eighteen // can you hear my plea

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls

I know it has been a while, but believe it or not it wasn't for lack of trying. School has been kicking my ass, to say the least. I had to stop and start so many times while writing this chapter, so I know that it is not one of my best. Far from it.

I'm sorry for the wait, and I'm sorry this is so short, but I will be updating again tomorrow. With the goods ;)

I'm editing this chapter tomorrow as well, so if you'd like to wait til then, be my guest.

Please be patient with me the next few months, I will be moving slowly but I will be moving, don't worry.

xx Charliiiiiiii

~~~~~~~~~

"How do you think I'd react Niklaus?" I practically spit, unable to stand the sight of him at this point in time. "Did you think I would be happy? Thankful? And what of Rebekah?"

My moment of clarity with Niklaus was short lived, like most of our moments, they were cut short by him doing something reclus.

Niklaus pushes open the front door to our home, stomping away like he always does when we argue. I follow after him, needing to talk about this here and now.

"What will you tell her? How will she react to what you've done?"

Stepping into the house behind him, I watch as his shoulders tense and feet stop in his tracks.

"What I've done?" He questions softly, turning around with a look of distaste on his face. "And I suppose Elijah is innocent on all this, as always. My honourable brother."

My eyes glance to the floor, my hard stature falling slowly.

I should have known. He's so insecure when it comes to family. He lashes out when they doubt him, doubt his motives. He worries the love will just stop, like a running tap. But what no one, sometimes not even I, understand that it isn't always about love. It's about being compared to his brother.

After Niklaus and I had our moment, we went back to the cabin where I was being held. I was thankful to find Elijah and Hayley waiting for us, or so I thought. Hayley had told Elijah about the baby's ability to make hybrids. I was ready to lash out at him when he accused Niklaus of using the baby for his own personal gain. A month ago, I would've been ready to agree with him, but Niklaus has proved to me that he's trying.

Niklaus did what he always does, deal with his pain in extremes. He bit Elijah.

If Elijah were a normal vampire, he'd be dead within days. But he's an original, he will only be in agonising pain for a few days then he'd be good as new.

Hayley stayed with him in the bayou, to keep him from hurting anyone.

I had to come back, and contain his brother.

"You know I don't believe what he said" I say gently, "about the baby, about you. I know you had no idea and have no desire to use her for such a purpose. You'll protect her. You'd never hurt her."

"And yet my brother is incapable of understanding exactly that." He sighs, his angry façade disappearing.

Feeling a sudden safety in his presence, I make my way over to him, taking soft steps against the hard wood floor. Taking his hand in mine, I smile softly, needing him to trust me, if not for a moment. "You need to learn to deal with your pain in less destructive ways. And until you do so I suggest you call your therapist. May she help you through this better than I."