Chapter 7

I open my eyes and see that I'm still in the air. I close them quickly and tighten my grip on his shoulders.

"Finally awake?" He asks.

I ignore his question. "Are we almost there?" He's silent for a moment.

"We're here," he says. "Open your eyes November, we're not flying anymore."

I look up. We're in a large room that is filled with yetis who were making toys and elves who were stuffing their faces with cookies.

"Wow," I whisper. Jack grabs my hand and leads me out of the room. We're in a hallway and I'm looking at paintings that line the walls when I hear "Jack!" From across the hallway.

"Santa has a Russian accent?" I mumble. Jack laughs. "North-" he starts but then North sees me behind Jack.

"Jack. Who is this?" Jack grabs my arm and pulls me beside him.

"This is November," he says. "And she needs our help."

North shakes his head. "Jack, she's mortal. She shouldn't be here! She's a child and-"

"She's not a child North, and she needs our help!"

As Jack and North continue arguing, I feel a sharp pain in my side. I gasp and clutch my side. "J-Jack" I stutter. He turns around and runs to me. "November," he says "November- what is it? What's wrong?" I lift up the side of my shirt and see black sand gripping my side, right where Pitch hit me.