Chapter 8

Jack looked at the sand then at North.

North stared at us in horror. "I'll call the guardians." He said. He ran over to the globe.

"November, are you alright?"

I nod and give him a small smile. "I'm okay," I say.

I'm leaning on him and he is walking to the room with the globe. My side hurts and all I can think about is the pain and I'm telling myself not to scream..

"November," North says. "How did this happen?"

"I was having a dream. A nightmare. Pitch said that soon I'd be in his lair with him, and then he shot that sand at me." I said with a shaky voice.

Jack held me up as my knees began to give out. "North-"

"I don't know what we can do. Take her to a room. The others will be here soon." Jack nodded and picked me up.

"Jack," I whispered. "Who are the others?"

"The other guardians," he says. "Tooth and Sandy and Bunny."

I nod as he opens a door to a room. There's a large bed against the wall. Jack carries me to it and gently sets me down. The pain gets worse and I curl up in a tight ball. Jack holds my hand as I whimper and try not to cry.

He leans down and kisses my cheek.

"I'm going to find Pitch," he says as I fall asleep, desperate to get away from the pain.