Chapter 12

That morning I don't see Jack. I head off to school and go through the sucky day. By the time I get home I'm exhausted. I walk up to my room and Jack is laying on my bed.

"Have a good day?" He asks, sitting up.

I set my bag on the floor and my books on the desk.

"Not really," I say. He comes up behind me as I am putting my books in my bag and wraps his arms around my waist. "I missed you," he whispers in my hair.

"Jack, what's wrong? You're not your usual obnoxious self." I say, smiling.

He frowns. "Jack, what is it?"

He sits down and pats the spot next to him. I sit.

"It's Pitch," he says. "He doesn't want to get rid of me anymore."

"But that's good, right?" I grab his hands. "Jack, he doesn't want to hurt you!" He grabs my arms. "November," he says. "He wants you."

I stare at him, shocked.

"Wait, what? Why?"

"When you used the sand to get rid of him.. it was stronger than his. He wants use you."

I shook my head, staring at the floor.

"He won't get you though," I stare up at him. "I won't let him. I almost lost you yesterday, and if I do lose you..." he shakes his head and looks at me. I stare at him, blushing like crazy.

"November," he grabs my hands. "I think I love you."

Tears fill my eyes. "I love you too." I whisper.

He puts his hands on my cheeks and presses his lips against mine.