Chapter 18

Over the course of a few weeks, my strength increased. I felt better, and my skin returned to it's original pale color. I stare in the mirror and brush my hair, waiting for Jack to return.

It's almost Spring and he's been leaving every few hours to bring happiness to the kids across the country.

I haven't seen him since last night, and today is almost over. My mother calls me down for dinner and I sigh as I walk down the stairs. The only good thing about today is that it's Friday.

After dinner I walk upstairs, exhausted. I'm thinking about taking a nap when I walk inside and see Jack sitting in my desk chair, spinning around in circles.

"Hey," I said sitting down on my bed.

"Hey," he replies. He spins faster and faster.

"You're going to break my chair, snowflake."

"How am I a snowflake?" He asks, slowing down. I shrug and lay back on my pillows.

"So where were you earlier?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I wasn't paying much attention honestly."

"Why not?"

"I kept thinking about you." He replies and walks over to me. I roll my eyes.

"You're so weird," I say and try to cover up my blush.

"Want to build a snowman?"

"Jack I can't go outside. I'm still grounded."

He sighs. "It's no fun," he complains.

"It's not my fault. You're the one who brought me home late."

"I said I was sorry!" He sits on my bed. I sit up.

"I know," I smile. "It's almost over anyways. Then we'll build a snowman."

"How about I take you to the North Pole?"

"I've been there, Jack."

" How about I take you now that you're not being hunted by Pitch and drowning in nightmares." He says.

I sigh. "Alright, when am I going?"

"Tonight, if you want."

"Okay. We can build a snowman there."

It's ten o'clock when I decide to "go to bed." I say goodnight to my mom and go upstairs. I pull on my blue converse and wait for Jack to return and take me to the North Pole.

After 20 minutes of laying on my bed and staring at my ceiling, Jack shows up. He spreads his arms out to me and I walk over to him. He scoops me up and flies me off to the North Pole.