Chapter 13

That night Jack stayed. He also gifted me another snow day so he could watch me and make sure Pitch wouldn't show up while he wasn't around. I was doing my hair while he tapped his staff on the glass, creating beautiful pictures made of ice crystals.

After I was done I got up. And started cleaning. I was bored. Sometimes being grounded sucks.

I sigh. "Are you bored Jack?"

He jumped off the windowsill and walked over in front of me. He kissed my forehead, then my lips.

"No," he said.

I smiled.

How can he love me? I'm nothing special. I wouldn't consider myself beautiful or interesting.. I don't understand.

He sat down and pulled me on his lap. I was so small compared to him. He kissed me on the head.

I fell asleep against his shoulder.

**Dream**

The room wasn't dark. It was very bright, but in the corner it was dark. And in the middle of the darkness, were golden eyes.

"Pitch," I whispered.

He walked out far enough for me to see his body..

And the black sand that surrounded it.

"November," he hissed. "I need something from you."

"What?" I asked.

I refuse to be scared I refuse I refuse

"Your strength." He says and black sand surrounds me. I scream.

My scream is muffled by the pillow I am laying on. Jack quickly comes to my side.

"November! November?" He repeats.

I'm crying now.

"I'm okay Jack," I breathe. "Just a nightmare." My voice breaks.

Jack roughly pulls me in for a hug.

"What happened?" He demanded.

"Pitch told me he wanted my strength.. then he threw more sand at me."

I automatically grip my side. I lift up my shirt and my skin is grey. I gasp.

"Jack?" He stares at my grey side.

"I need to find the Sandman." He growls.