15) The One Where There's Self Doubt

"Hey, look who it is!" Fat Amy cheered as Beca and Chloe entered the Bella house later that evening. "Where have you two been?"

Beca blushed, squirming beside Chloe who remained cool as always. Their bodies were only brushing against each other, but it was still enough contact to be driving Beca crazy.

She thanked her lucky stars that she hadn't been born a boy; God forbid if the girls had really been able to see her toner for Chloe through her jeans.

"Beca was just showing me some ideas for the mixes," Chloe lied easily. "I thought it would be best since she still hasn't finished them." Chloe shot Beca a fake glare, winking playfully at her. Beca was only able to nod mutely in response.

"Ooh, someone's in trouble," Fat Amy teased, causing a cheer of laughter to rise up from the other girls. "Come on Beca, I'll rescue you!" Fat Amy then looped her arm around Beca's shoulders and steered her out of the room.

Beca cast a worried look behind her at Chloe. Chloe was standing with her hands on her lips, tapping her foot, but there was a smirk on her face and a twinkle in her eye. Beca grinned at the girl before letting Fat Amy whisk her away.

"Consider yourself rescued," Fat Amy declared once they were safely in their room. She plonked Beca onto her bed, before flinging herself onto her own. She began flicking through her phone, her attention completely gone from Beca. "Now where are some good places for smoothies..."

"Thanks," Beca laughed, rolling her eyes at Amy as she stood up again.

Glancing at her clock, she cursed. Quickly she began gathering up her bag and jacket, rushing towards the door.

"I have to go out now, but I'll see you later," she called over her shoulder to Amy.

"Wait, why?" Fat Amy called, but Beca was already gone.

Beca didn't return until hours later, sneaking in as silently as she could as to avoid being caught. Her room was empty for a change, but Beca didn't care. She laid down on her bed, trying to create some mixes for work.

It had been an incredibly long day. What with the constant sneaking around, her inability to produce mixes, not to mention what had happened with Chloe, everything just felt like too much.

Hang an hour or desperately trying to produce something worth while, Beca soon realised it useless. Maybe Sammy was right. Maybe she really did have nothing to say.

She let out a frustrated sigh, one step away from throwing her laptop across the room. This wasn't fair. Making music was the one thing Beca was supposed to be good at. And apparently she wasn't even good at that!

"I need a break," she muttered, pickup up her phone. Her breath caught in her throat as she saw the screensaver.