Foreign Delights

This was made again by my friend TheSiriusStar-- Sorry for the very very very late publish;;; 

This was to just really spread some awareness tbh;

Third Person's POV

You quickly make your way into the mansion through the normal-sized door instead of the main huge one, just pulling it behind you and hoping it'll close itself.You run to the kitchen without giving paying a mind to all the undead giving you weird looks. When you make it to place that supplies the food for thousands, you dump all your grocery bags into the counter."Hey (Y/N), whatcha got there?" Red comes up next to you."I got a bunch of Turkish food!!" You look at him with sparkling eyes.He raises an eyebrow. "Turkish?"You nod. "Today, I met this Turkish girl, and she apparently really loves her country, because she kept talking about.""Really? What was her name?""Nermin. But I couldn't pronounce it right, so she just let me call her Nemo." You giggle. "Anyway, she showed me this really good Turkish restaurant and the food was amazing, so I bought some!!""Is that what smells like meat?""Yeah!" You take out a paper wrap with grease stains on it. "This one is called lahmacun—or Turkish pizza!" You take out another wrapping. "And this is pide! I also got some elastic ice-cream! She said that back in Turkey, ice-cream merchants actually put on trolling show before actually giving you the ice-cream.""And what's this box?" Red says as he holds up a white box."That's köfte! They're basically meatballs, but they're amazing!!" He looks at the rest pf the bags skeptically, kind of afraid to ask what every single one of them are. "You want to eat with me?? I took a couple of everything! There's plenty!!"

He puffs out a cheek. He takes another look at the few dozen bags, most of them smelling of meat or some sort of spice. Then he looks at your enthusiastic face. "Yeah, sure. I guess I'll try some."

* * *

He takes a bite of the chicken 'döner' you gave him. He looks at it with a bit of surprise. "This is good...""Nemo said it's the go-to food in Turkey along with this. " You hold up your "dürüm". "Well, I'd prefer it over a hamburger."After a few minutes of eating in comfortable silence, you clap your hands. "Alright, time for desert!!" "What did you get? Pistachio baklava?" Red questions."Nope! I got rice pudding!" You run to the kitchen, leaving Red alone for a moment. He looks at down at the greasy paper that used to protect some food. He smiles a bit. Not at the fact that his stomach's filled with delicious food, but the fact that he gets to spend some time with you outside of video games.Before he can do much more of anything, you come back with two clay bowls. "Here you go." You place a bowl in front of him and hand him a spoon before settling down on the chair next to him. He looks at what's in front of him. Some white stuff with black burn marks at the top."(Y/N)..." he winces."Yes?" You say, your mouth already full of sticky rice."Mine has burn marks...""Oh yeah, Nemo said that's normal because it's cooked in stone oven.""Oh..." He squints his eyes and pokes at his bowl. He takes a glimpse at you, who seems to enjoy their desert.He shrugs. 'It's good to have an open mind, right?' He takes the spoon puts it into his pudding.

* * *

"Hey, Red?""Yes?""Do you think we can go to Turkey for vacation sometime?"He looks up from his phone. But shrugs and looks back. "I don't know. You'll have to ask Slendy. Even if he agrees, you should be ready to do some mass killing to collect the money. I'll look something up."EJ comes into the kitchen. "Did I hear something about going to Turkey?"

"Yeah!" You beam. "Don't you think it'd be a great place to go for vacation?""You sure that'd be a good idea?" He has slight worry in his voice."Why not?" You lift an eyebrow as your smile fades."Well, the place has been under terror attacks for the past year... It might not be the best place to go right now.""It is?" You ask, oblivious to all that's happening in the world."Heard of 15 July?" He goes and opens the fridge. "About 300 people died. And ever since, the country hasn't stopped giving victims to terrorists. They say locals are the main target, and it's actually pretty safe for tourists. But it's probably best not to take risks. They sometimes attack airports." He takes out an apple. "Try Greece instead—unless you wanted to specifically see Turley." He exits the room."...Everything he said is true." Red speaks. "But it seems fine for tourists. We could still as Slendy if you want.""Poor Nemo..." You frown. "She has to watch her homeland get torn apart...""Yeah... Must be hard for citizens. There are articles going around asking if Turkey is still a democracy. It says officers all around are being fired and arrested for no reason." He furrows his eyebrows. "Think of the children..."You shudder just at the thought of toddlers crying because of how much they miss their fathers.

* * *

Needless to say, you both had a good time. Red had a good time, not exactly because of the food, but more because he got to spend some time with you....Until some smartass had to come and ruin your mood. Even so, you're determined to go to the remains of the Ottoman Empire and see all 9 of their World Heritages. Also, you started to watch Aljazeera International.

And now a message from Sirius--

I'm sure people reading this have heard of it, but in case some don't, I'll like to let people know about something: On 15 July 2016, a coup d'état was attempted in Turkey against state institutions, including, but not limited to the government and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. The attempt was carried out by a faction within the Turkish Armed Forces that organized themselves as the Peace at Home Council. They attempted to seize control of several key places in Ankara, Istanbul, and elsewhere, but failed to do so after forces loyal to the state defeated them.Even so, we lost over 300 people, not just soldiers but locals as well, and the thing messed up the entire country. Our youngest loss was two 9-year-olds and our oldest was a 63-year-old man.We used to be in the G20 for best economy and were in the European Union. But now we're kicked out of both of these.Police are being arrested without evidence (They put the man in jail, THEN LOOK FOR EVIDENCE--LIKE, WHAT COUNTRY DOES THAT??!). This not only ruins a child's entire childhood, seeing their homeland being shot down in such a way and their parents being taken away but also their psychology.Imagine waking up every morning, going into the living room and the first thing you see is something like "TERROR ATTACK IN ANKARA: 12 DEAD" and then see their children and family crying at their coffins.Also, think about money. There are a good amount of families with both parents working, but there just as many, even more, that don't have that. Just imagine how scared and on-edge a child would feel when their family is stripped of their money income in a way they never prepared for.Even I, still legally a child, am looking for a way to just earn a few hundred for my family meanwhile I should be studying for finals.I don't really want anything from people reading, I just want people to know.Let the police out.I want my dad back.