2

Ricky's POV

When a siren gets close to their mate they start to hear the rhythm of their heart beat. I can hear three different rhythms, two obviously belong to the mates in front of me, but there is one more close by.

I motion for wolfy to bend down, when he does I hear the rhythm speed up. I whisper in his ear "our other mate is really close, he's watching us I can tell."  Before I can say anything else we hear a low growl as if in frustration. We look over to see a stunningly cute boy.

He turns to make a run for it but is too slow, my vampire mate grabs him by the waist and pulls him into a tight embrace. Our little mate puts up quite a fight. Vampy drags him away from the trees over to us. "So this is mate number three, mate number three these are mates one and two. Please do get along." Vampy's joke is answered with a loud roar from "number three". He pulls out of his grasp, he goes for the trees but wolfy gets in front of him, so he runs toward the party. I actually forgot we were supposed to be at a party.

I rush after him my other mates following. The boy shifts into a snow leopard, heading straight for the crowd. A girl screams as he pushes her to get away. We catch up easily, he ran into a crowd of wolves and vampires -there are sirens but they are all off to the side, sirens only mingle with our own kind- they all reflexively made a circle around him, leaving no where for him to run.

Vampires and werewolves typically don't get along actually, in fact there have been several wars between the two species. Wolfie's pack is just really laid back when it comes to vampires mostly because there was a time when they received help from one.

We circled around him and the other people closed the hole in the wall. "You guys I'm the smallest and least intimidating, I'll approach  him while you guys stay back a little." They nod in response.

Our littlest mate is shivering but not close to cowering. As I get closer his eyes meet mine, I can tell he is scared and wants to run away but that's not going to happen.

"Its okay I'm not going to hurt you." I coo, trying to make him feel a little safer.

He looks around frantically. "Cant you just get him out of here already?!" I hear one of the other party members yell.

He growls as if insulted making some people back away.

I smile a little. He starts pacing.

Lilly's POV

There is no way to get out of this crowd. Its making me nervous I hate being around people. When I ran over here I expected them to be surprised and get out of my way not make a circle around me! What kind of people keep the danger in and not get away from it?!

I'm pacing trying to think of a way out but I cant think of any. I want to cry I really want to cry. I feel so nervous and one of my mates is getting closer and I cant leave and I really just want to go back to my little cave.

"Its ok. You will be fine." He is trying to make me feel safer I can tell, and its working.

I run and jump into his arms trying to hold my whimpers in. I feel shocks all over my body as he lifts me up with a satisfied smile on his face.

Derek and nick run over trying to get a better look at me. I cant help the small whimper that escapes from me.

"Back off you guys are too big you're scaring him!" Ricky yells at the two with a scowl.

They back away, but only a little bit. Ricky looks down at me with a smile.

One of the other strangers decides to pipe in "well can you get rid of him already we are trying to socialize here."

Nick makes a hissing noise and Derek growls. I push my face into Ricky's chest trying to hide myself a little.

"Lets go inside." Derek says to us.

We make a bee line for the house going straight to Derek's room. He has a HUGE bed a black box thing (a tv) that sits on a dresser, he also has a couch. Ricky sets me down on the bed.
"Shift" Derek speaks coming over from the dresser holding a shirt. I do as he says and shift.

"Whats your name kitty?" Nick says.

I let out a soft yowl. And paw at the material being shoved over my head. Derek helps me put my arms through the sleeves.

"Maybe he cant talk?" Ricky pipes in.

I shake my head vigorously making me a little dizzy. Ricky giggles.

They all stare at me for a moment. "So how do we know his name?" Nick says.

I think for a second, I don't want them to start calling me kitty constantly or only have a pet name. That's when I remember a bouquet of flowers that we passed in the hall.

I start moving my hands around. I get up pulling Ricky behind me. I bring them a little ways down the hall and try to tell them I'm lilly, but sadly there are no Lillys in this vase. Oh well I guess I have to work with what I've got.

Nick's POV

Our little kitten starts pointing at the flowers and himself "your name is rose?" Our siren asks. Kitten shakes his head still pointing at the flowers.

"Flower" I say. He smiles and starts pointing at me and him. I lift an eye brow "your named flower?" He scowls at me and makes a motion with his fingers, I'm pretty sure he just told me to use my brain. "Ok so your named after a flower?" He nods with a pleasant grin.

Wolfy throws a name out "Iris?" Kitten shakes his head no.

Siren trys "clover?" Kitten shakes his head no again.

"Lilly" I say without even thinking about it. He smiles and nods. I smile back at him.

We go back to the room. Lilly stays close to siren. "So now we know his name, but what about you guys? I'm Nick by the way."

"Ricky"

"Derek"

I look at them very satisfied to know their names. Lilly trys to sneak off while we are distracted, only to be picked up by Derek. Lilly makes a grumbling sound, leading to Ricky giggling.

We all sit on the bed Ricky in my lap and Lilly on Derek's "so we should probably get to know each other. Ill start off, my favorite color is green, I like singing, and I just got my legs last month." Ricky stated.

I heard most sirens are either born in their siren state or in their human state and they stay that way for a few years or till they see fit.

I guess I'll go "I'm next then, my favorite color is silver, I like to paint, and I am a born vampire."

"My favorite color is golden brown, I like to play kick ball with my pack, and I had my first shift when I was 8."

"Werewolves can shift that young?" Ricky chipped in.

"Yes, normally we don't shift till we are at least ten but the youngest to ever shift in our pack was 5."

"Hmm, that's really cool. I thought they shifted at a certain age." Ricky seemed to genuinely be interested.

Derek laughed making chills go down my spine at how nice and welcoming it was, I felt Ricky tense a little before relaxing.

"No, either we naturally shift when our minds are ready or we sometimes feel our mate close by and force a shift, which is why a 5 year old shifted, his mate was about to leave our pack and his wolf sensed her leaving, so his wolf forced him to shift and make her stay."

"Oh my, are you talking about us son?"