10

Lilly's POV

I spun to see a cute boy. He looked older but not an adult.

He gave me a toothy grin. "You look good in that dress." I nod in thanks. "Hm? Cat got your tongue?"

I shake my head and tap my throat.

Don't speak.

"Hmm. I see so no talking. Well then want to go play instead?"

I nod in agreement.

This boy is just as tempting as the last. I wish I had a box big enough to put them in.

We played and played until it got dark.

"ah. I have to go. You should come. My pack would surely welcome you." I shake my head. "No? That's really to bad. Well do you want to play again tomorrow?" I nod. I write on his palm saying afternoon. "OK sounds good! Ill see you then."

He left.

I look around. I know where I am. Mamma, Sheri, brought me this way before she dropped me over the cliff. Im freakishly Lucky Ricky was there.

I head back to the house only to see vampires. I turn around fully intending to run. But I'm not going anywhere. My feet aren't even touching the ground.

"What a small little kitten." I hear a mans voice. "Smell nice too."

I look over my shoulder to see a tall man with very scary eyes. I smile shakily.

~fast forward~

I was thrown in a cage. He didn't give me water or food. Its been a couple hours.

I hear foot steps coming closer. Then I see the third pretty person. He is very handsome. He looks to be in his early twenties. But he is a vampire so who knows.

"Now what is a pretty mate like you doing in a cage." Mate? Is that what you call someone your attracted to? That's what Sheri said a long time ago before she hated me.

He unlocks the cage and coaxes me out. Once out he gathers me in his arms. "My name is Nick, what's your name?" I shake my head, and write it on his palm. "Hmm. You look more like a flower. Can I give you a new name?" I think about it. Jun is the name they gave me because that's the month I was born. Whatever not like they gave it any meaning. "Then lets name you Lilly. Its my favorite flower. Well time to run before they realize I took you. Mate or not they will try to make me pay an unreasonable sum. I cant pay now so I have to take first dibs and pay later." I don't really get it but I understand we gotta run.

We get out and the man must have noticed because I can hear him yelling.

Next thing I know Nick is falling to the ground panting. "Lilly run. I live on that mountain in a white house, go there." He passes out.

I did exactly what he told me to do. I didn't go in the house but I looked at it from the outside. When he got back I waited outside. He didn't remember. I could tell. He didn't look around he didn't say my name. Nothing.

I went to go tell Ricky about it but there was no way I could get in the water so I waited by it looking at it. When I didn't get to see him I went to hang out with Derek. He showed me how to write more words and how to hunt. He continued to show me for a few years. I would go and spy on both Ricky and Nick when he left. I found out Ricky went into a coma the day I couldn't go in. I also found out about his brother. Nick, well there wasn't much to discover, he is mostly quiet and does some business with family, but the one thing I couldn't figure out is how old he is.

Then Derek got into an accident on his first hunt. He never went back to our spot to meet. He forgot me too.