11

Derek's POV

"We found Lilly"

The second my mind processes what they just said I shoot out of bed and run to the door. For the first time ever I'm the one who flings my door open.

"Where?" I somehow manage to croak out.

"We found him in a clearing not to far away. He wont come down from the tree though so we couldn't bring him." Alec responds.

I turn around to see Ricky and Nick putting shirts on. I don't bother because I will shift. Ricky grabs an extra shirt, for Lilly.

Once they finish -which only took a few seconds- we let Alec take the lead until we smell our Lilly.

Lilly's POV

I traveled with the group for a day but went on my own after. I know these people and I have some trust in them but I've found that even when you trust someone with your whole being they can betray you.

I look around to find myself to see the spot me and Derek used to meet at. Its really nice, the trees are really tall and there are flowers all over. I climb one of the trees and remember all the times I waited and he didn't come. I gave up and went to look for him about 2 weeks after. I didn't want to go because he said he would come back but I couldn't wait anymore.

I cry. My tears couldn't be stopped. They don't remember what happened. I don't blame them but I wish it had happened differently maybe if I had actually drown. Maybe if I had been sold. Maybe if I had never been tempted. I just wish they could know. I wish they remembered.

My crying gradually stops and its dark. I sleep in the tree.

*
*
*

I wake to the grumble of my stomach. Which is weird because I'm not hungry at all. I look up and see the sun above. I guess I slept till noon.

Peeling some of the bark on the tree I notice the scent of wolves. I flatten myself against the tree. As long as they don't see me I should be fine.

I see 5 wolves. Three are rouges. The other two are a part of Derek's pack. The wolves are snarling at each other. The pack wolves are backed up to my tree. The rouges make the first move, but before they can get them I pounce on one holding his head on the ground I roar. Even if there is only one of me they know I'm more powerful and I will kill them. The two in front of me cower submitting their eyes pleading for their lives.

I let the one under me go but he makes no moves. I motion for them to leave with my head. Then I climb my tree again. The pack wolves left when I pounced down.

I hear rustling and then I smell them. I'm surrounded. The pack found me. They circle my tree. Not too close but close enough that I know they are there and I cant get away.

"Please come down Lilly." Derek's dad is here.

I growl.

He sighs "please Lilly? Derek Ricky and Nick haven't eaten or even left their room since you left. Please come back."

They haven't eaten? Are they ok? No! Lilly stop that! You have to stay away! Last time they met you they got into accidents.

I smell them. My mates are here.

They come out into the clearing obviously out of breath. They come closer, Derek stays back for a second before coming out wearing jeans that are dangerously low on his hips. Ricky is on Nick's back. Once they stop in front of the tree, Ricky climbs off and says "Lilly please come down and shift I have a shirt."

I feel so guilty. They look awful, which is really hard for them because they look godly no matter what.

I nod. I do what he told me to do. A shirt is shoved over my head immediately. The whole pack is in the surrounding space.

"Why did you leave?" Nick asks.

I bite my lip "I ran because you will forget again." Somehow my voice is soft, not cracked or messy.

Don't speak.

I bite the inside of my cheek, I don't have to follow those rules. But they are all I was taught.

"Forget again?" Ricky is close to tears.

I get an idea. "Yeah. You each forgot me when we met. Derek knew me for a few years but he forgot eventually too."

The shock is clear on every face I see.

"You all had your reasons but it still hurt." I look at each of their faces. "If you want to know then don't hesitate and don't fall behind for once."

I spin on my heal and bolt I hear my mates and a few members behind me. It only takes a few minutes before we reach the cliff. I turn to face them.

"This is how I met you Ricky, and just a heads up I still don't know how to swim." I take a step back only to fall off the cliff. I see Ricky screaming at Derek and Nick to stay back. He jumps shifting in the air. I smile closing my eyes.

The water hurt like the first time. I cant hear or see anything the water pushing into my lungs burning. Ricky soon gets to me holding me above water.

"No, no, Ricky you drug me down farther under water." I push him away, I let myself sink down to the bottom, Ricky tried to bring me up but I just swatted his hands and pointed down. He got the point, he pulls me down as quickly as he can. Once there I am barely conscious so just keep my eyes open.

Ricky's POV

Oh no. Lilly will die if we stay underwater for to much longer. I don't think I can bring him up fast enough. When I go to bring him up he swats me away.

I look around hoping there is something I can use.

I know where I am. Suddenly memories I didn't have before come crashing down on me. I grab the elixir and empty the bottle around Lilly's face.

He gasps. "See? You can remember if you need to. I should have done this awhile ago."

"If you had you might have drown." I say, happy and sad at the same time.

He smiles soft and pleasantly.

I lead the way out of the water remembering everything that happened. Once out of the water I shift back. The shirt I'm wearing goes down mid thigh luckily.

Derek and nick come rushing over and I say with a smile "who's next?"

"Derek" Lilly looks up to him.

"Cute." Derek seems to recall something and says "You look good in that dress."

Lilly grins and nods

"What cat for your tongue?" Derek start to smile softly.

Lilly taps his throat.

"Hmm. I see so no talking. Well then want to go play instead?"

Lilly practically jumps Derek.

Derek's POV

It feels like an adrenalin rush, everything starts coming back to me. Some parts are still missing but when I saw Lilly come out of the water my head pounded.

We walk back to the clearing. I carried Lilly. He jumps out of my grasp and frowns a little. "Whats wrong?" I'm a bit worried after all of this.

"The way I met Nick is a bit strange. I'd rather not be in a cage again." He says barely above a whisper. A few pack members are still following us and seem to be worried about everything that's happening.

Lilly starts walking without me being able to comfort him. He leads us to a worn down house. Nick flinches.

"Yikes, if what I think happened I wont be able to remember it too well no matter how much you tell me."