20

Derek's POV

It's been exactly 2 months since we found out about Lilly and Ricky's pregnancies. They both made some promise or some oath that they wouldn't let the pack doctor touch their stomachs except when it was an emergency or something was wrong.

So we have no idea what the genders are. I'm getting impatient and so is Nick. We have begged them to check but everytime they say no. It's pure torture.

When we are alone in the room occasionally one of them will allow us to feel the baby kick. Yea, I said allow. It's not only the doctor that can't touch them, hell we can't even sleep next to them.

When it's time to sleep they take turns, that's partly because Nick and I touched their tummies while they slept. But it's their fault! Like they are our kids too!

Life is so stressful nowadays but it's also enjoyable, sometimes Nick and I check up on them and the sight is just to much. They talk for hours about the babies and everyone in the pack is excited of course Nick and I included.

Which reminds me, the pack accepted my mates with welcoming arms, there were a few bumps but Lilly delt with that before either Nick or I even knew about it.

Right now I'm in my office with Nick doing some paperwork. Nick is handling the financial side where I am taking care of some complaints.

A knock on the door gathers our attention.

"Come in" I say.

Alec comes stumbling in out of breath "Lilly...  Baby... Now... The living room..." He gasped between words.

I jumped out of my chair over my desk Nick following without wasting even a second.

When we arrived in the living room we saw Ricky holding Lilly's head  saying soothing words. Both of them were surprisingly calm.

Then what surprised me most. My mom came rushing in with a bucket of water and a crap ton of towels.

"Out! All of you!" She yelled at the pack doctor and us.

"Wait a second, its our kid too!" Nick and I said at the same time.

My mom just grinned "sorry boys, but you aren't going to want to watch. It'll hurt you too much. Just go and talk with Steven and you'll understand." She pushed us out out the living room and closed the folding doors. I forget those are there most of the time.

We listen for a few minutes hearing Lilly groan and yell, we don't need to talk to dad to know what she meant.

We quickly go back to the office to be alone and wait.

"I hope he is ok." Nick whispers his nerves obviously giving him a hard time.

"He will." I answer him. He turns to me hopeful. "My mom has helped with several of the children's birth, actually I don't think there is a single kid under the age of 14 who she wasn't there for." He smiles like a weight has been lifted. I decided not to tell him this is the first time she has kicked the doctor out to.

We wait and wait.

It's been two hours of silence. Well I couldn't stop tapping my foot and Nick couldn't sit down. The only reason we complied to my mom's request was because we knew if we saw Lilly in pain we would go mad.

There have been many cases were werewolves end up killing their babies because of the pain they cause their mate, even though it's not the babies fault. Vampires have a history of killing not the young but anyone else in the room because of the blood. So yeah, completely reasonable that we aren't allowed in the room.