Chapter 4:

Of course this happened to me. Why couldn’t I just enjoy a nice, peaceful holiday with just Beth and I? But no, now I had to spend my time dealing with Liam. Why did he choose this place of all places? The place where I was going to be. This was some kind of cruel joke, I was sure. Things like this didn’t just happen.

A knock on the door sounded and I expected it to be Liam but when I swung the door open Amber was standing there. She was licking an ice cream, show only wore a white mini skirt so her yellow bikini was showing nicely – but it had ruffles. Admittedly she looked like she came off a teenage drama show and they just had a car wash thing.

            “What the hell got you in such a pissy mood since you left me a half hour ago?” she said waltzing in.

            “Nothing,” I said through clenched teeth. “What’s up?”

            “Dinner is at six so be ready and tomorrow I booked us in for massages. Believe me you need one.”

            “Sounds good,” I said not really caring. I would’ve been happy to spend all day on the beach or locked up in my cabin. Either one would’ve been a preferable option. But messages sounded good too. It wasn’t like we had three months to do all that crap.

            “What happened? Come on spill,” Beth demanded. “You were perfectly fine a half hour ago. Did a guest take a photo of you or something?”

            “No, Liam freaking Payne is staying next door.”

            “Oh.”

            “Yeah. Hey, can we swap rooms?”

            “What no! I already packed all my things into the cupboards.”

            “You were only in there for an hour!”

            “I work fast,” she said defensively. “Besides I think this will be good for you.”

            “Do you want me to kill him?”

            “If you do that you’ll go to prison,” Beth reminded me.

            “Doesn’t mean he couldn’t accidentally drown.”

            “Oh suck it up. Remember what you said? He’s just a guy. A person. A normal human being.”

            “He called me a bitch!”

            “And you told him to go die. I think you guys are pretty even on the insult scoring list. Be ready at six and by the way Deana would not approve of that outfit. How does it feel to be dressed like you?”

            “I feel like a whole new person,” I said with no emotion in my voice.

            “You’re such a bitch.”

            “Oh, go die,” I rolled my eyes dramatically and she laughed.

            “Be ready at six.”

She left my cabin and closed the door behind her. I free fell onto my bed and groaned. I was already annoyed on this holiday. It only took four hours.

I rolled over and unlocked my phone. I scrolled through Tumblr for another half hour until my phone fell out of my hands and I drifted to sleep, sideways on my bed.

Loud knocking on the door made me open my eyes.

            “Daisy!” I heard an unmistakeable voice call. Beth. I groaned. “Come on! Open up! It’s six oh five! We’re going to miss a reservation!”