Chapter 18:

We had forgotten to draw the curtains over the glass doors last night so the warm sun hit my face as I kept my eyes closed. Sleeping enough so that I was resting but awake enough that I was thinking conscious thoughts. The best kind of sleeping apart from dreaming.

I grabbed the sheet and pulled it up around my breasts. I looked over at Liam and saw he was still sleeping. He had his face half buried into the pillow and the sheet was loosely over his bottom half showing his bare back.

I scooted over closer to him and turned to my side so my face was mere inches from his and I counted his eye lashes as I waited to see his pretty eyes.

His eye finally opened and a little smile appeared on his face before he closed his eye again and mumbled, “Stop staring.”

            “Not gonna happen,” I informed him and I brushed a lock of hair that had fallen onto his face away. I leaned closer and pecked the corner of his mouth before going back to my pillow and closing my eyes.

            “Dais,” Liam said and I smiled.

            “Hmm?”

            “Come back here,” Liam demanded and I smiled but shuffled closer to him anyways so my back pressed into his chest. His arms wrapped around me and our legs tangled like two strands of hair.

            “Mmm,” I hummed as I hugged his arms, “I could get used to this.”

Liam kissed my neck and I stretched it to give him more access. “Same,” Liam said and I smiled.

Then something unexpected happened. The door opened. As in the front door of the cabin opened and a little girl’s voice excitedly screamed, “Uncle Liam!” as little footsteps were heard running into the cabin.

Without even thinking I ducked under the covers and Liam joined me under the covers.

            “What the hell, Zayn!” Liam shouted.

            “Daddy, why’s Uncle Liam hiding? Should I jump on him?” the little girl’s voice said and I tried hard not to laugh. “And who’s the lady under the covers with Uncle Liam?” This time Liam laughed and I shot him a death glare.

            “Liam,” Zayn said, “I did not expect this of you. Who knew you could get L-A-I-D?”

I giggled at that once I caught on to what Zayn was spelling but Liam did not find that so funny and shot me a death stare. “What he has a point?” I whispered.

            “Says you,” Liam whispered back.

            “Umm, I’ve known you for like two months. It took you two months to get me here. Keep that in mind,” I shot back in a whisper. Liam rolled his eyes.

            “Mate, what are you even doing here?” Liam asked Zayn, “Aren’t you meant to be like changing diapers or something in London?”

            “Ha ha. Haven’t Lou and Hope spoken to you?”

            “No, why?”

            “Well they called us and said we should come down. They said they have an important announcement.”

            “That’s interesting. They didn’t say anything to me.”

            “I don’t know. Look I’m going to go but meet us in the dining hall in an hour. Perrie wants to see you, she’s dying to see everyone, and you have to meet the little one!”