Chapter 11

I was simply angry at Liam and it boiled in my like a sizzling pot. How dare he think he knew anything about me? He knew nothing about my life or what I’d been through. He didn’t have the right to assume things when he knew jack shit! The anger was like hissing bubbles on the brink of overflowing the pot.

I dropped the bike off at the hire place and then stalked off to find someone. It didn’t even have to be someone I liked. I just needed to talk so I started running a list through my mind. My first thought was Beth but then I remembered she said something about going scuba diving with jerk-face-Jason so I went to the next best thing.

I went up to the receptionist.

            “Hi, I need to know what room Hope is in.”

            “I can’t give you that information.”

I rolled my eyes and slid a hundred dollar note across the bench, “How about now?”

            “Hope who?” the receptionist asked and I rolled my eyes again.

            “Uh, I don’t know her last name but she should be sharing a room with Louis Tomlinson.”

            “Ah, it’s right here, Louis Tomlinson and Hope Evans. Yes, she’s in room 10 on Pier Four.”

            “I would say thank you but I’m not gonna.”

The receptionist scowled, her blue eyes rolling around in their sockets and I wished they had fallen out. I turned away and started heading towards Pier 4.

Urgh! Liam was just so out of line! I couldn’t get him out of my head. He, the whole situation, was like a grenade in my head that was ticking and just waiting to explode. I hated him for this because this holiday thing was meant to be stress free. This is not stress free! And it was all his freaking fault! One minute he was nice and the next minute he’s a dick. Typical. See I’m rude and mean and I have no regard for what others think of me so I just said and did whatever I wanted but I did it all the time. People expected me too. I don’t set up stupid pretences and hide behind them … well except when I’m in the eye of the media because well that’s my job but this was completely different.

Liam acted like he wanted to get to know me and he acted nice like he wouldn’t give up on me and then he just ruined the whole thing. He had to go right ahead and judge me from bits of the puzzle I allowed him to see instead of waiting to get all the pieces and then make a judgement. He basically said I was my own problem. That I have a lonely life because I hate the world and that was completely false. I had a lonely life because a) I had a shitty ass family who didn’t give a shit about anyone but themselves and b) because I couldn’t trust people and I couldn’t open up to them.

Maybe he was just trying to get back at me for this morning, I started thinking. He seemed pretty … disappointed at knowing that I had spent the night with someone. Well if he did I freaking hate him even more. Urgh! If he did it to get back at me, I swear he is the biggest douche in all of existence and ‘all of existence’ in my books is quite large. You see, I believed in a whole big wide universe. I believed there were hundreds of galaxies with thousands of planets and millions of stars. I believed there was more to this world then just this galaxy and just these nine planets and just these life forms. I believed in aliens and I believed that there were planets out there that were more advanced than us. So if Liam purposely wanted me mad at him, he was the biggest douche bag in all of existence.

Somehow I found myself in front of room 10 on Pier 4 and I noticed it was a much bigger cabin then mine. Tentatively, I knocked on the door and the person I didn’t want to answer, answered.