Chapter 15:

I smiled and clapped and laughed and jumped. I’d figured it out. I knew what I was going to do and when you know what you want to do this feeling takes root in you and it blossoms and says “It’s okay. You’re safe now. You know where the future is going to take you” and I listened. The idea spread across me as wildly as fire. I whopped and brought a groggy Liam into a hug.

It was the middle of the night and Liam had fallen asleep on my bed long ago whilst I stayed up just thinking and thinking had brought me a long, long way.

            “Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I know what I’m going to do!” I sung happily.

            “What are you going to do?” Liam asked confused.

            “Everything!” I shouted throwing our hands up in the air.

            “Everything?” Liam asked still confused and he rubbed his eyes with his hand.

            “Everything, oh I hope Noah will be okay with this,” I mumbled. “I have to go. Tell Jane I’ll talk to her later!”

            “Daisy! It’s two thirty in the morning!” Liam called after me but I didn’t listen and kept running out of the hotel room, closing the door with a bang.

And just like that I sprinted away towards the hospital. I laughed as I ran and I couldn’t believe I never saw this solution before today. It seemed so obvious and it would help both Noah and me. It was so obvious that I just wanted to hit myself in the head for not thinking of it before. This solution was basically jumping up and down and doing the hula in front of me but I just remained as blind as ever and now that I wasn’t blind to it I was so elated. Now I wanted to jump up and down and do the hula.

As soon as I reached the hospital I ran up the stairwell and straight to Noah’s room. The nurses gave disapproving looks but I flew past them before they could even mutter a syllable. I went into Noah’s room and saw that he was awake.

            “Hi buddy!” I exclaimed and he smiled wide and his eyes lit up.

            “Daisy!”

I went over to give him a careful hug and the hand that wasn’t in a sling came tightly around my body. I’d missed his little embrace so much. I remembered when we were younger we used to do this thing where Noah would run up to me and jump. He’d wrap his legs around my waist and his arms would come around my neck. It was a true bear hug.

            “You came!” he exclaimed and I leaned back and smiled.

            “Of course I came! How are you doing?”

            “I’m feeling better. One of the nurses keeps sneaking in lollipops and chocolates for me.”

            “Nice,” I said giving him a high five. “You scared me so much, bud and I’m so angry at mum and dad but I have a plan. I have a plan and everything is going to be okay and we’ll be okay.”

            “What’s the plan?” Noah asked curiously. I brought a chair up next to the bed and sat down. I told Noah my plan and watched as he smiled wider and wider.

            “Do you like it?”

            “I like all of it except do you really have to quit your job? I kind of like having a sister who’s famous.”

            “But then I won’t get to see you,” I frowned.

            “There’s this thing called a phone,” Noah said smartly and the corners of my lips turned.