Chapter 10:

He slammed me up against a wall and I smirked taking in those devious brown eyes. He stalked closer towards me and I smiled further and when he got close enough, I placed my hand on the back of his neck and smashed my lips on his. 

We were drunk, we were horny and we didn’t care. He was getting over a break up and I just wanted a hook-up. It fit like puzzle pieces.

His mouth moved against mine hungrily and mine reciprocated his eagerness. His hands moved up my sides like they were moulded to me and I relished under his touch. For a moment I felt truly loved. For a moment I felt like he would die if I died. I knew that it was just an illusion put in my head. Facts were facts. He was just looking for fun but the thing about hook-ups is they can mean whatever you want them to mean and just for a moment you can have a crazy delusion that you’re wanted because they were saying your name and they were touching your body and because they desired you in that moment. So for a moment, just for one fleeting moment, I felt truly loved. But in the morning reality always slapped you with an empty bed. Just because someone desired you did not mean they value you. 

            “Let’s get out of here,” I mumbled, as his lips found there way to my neck and started sucking.

He barely hesitated in grabbing my hand, his lips tearing away from my neck, and leading me out the club and away from our group and away from the loud music. Once we were outside I led him up Pier Five towards my cabin. I fumbled with my bag as I searched for my key.

When we reached my cabin, Perry, slammed me into the wall again and kissed me hard as I tried to slide the key into the lock. Once I got the door open, we tumbled in.

In the morning reality did not slap me with an empty bed. Why wasn’t reality slapping me with an empty bed? Why was he still here? This situation was alien to me. They always left before the crack of dawn. Maybe he’s just a heavy sleeper?

He looked beautiful when he slept though. The kind of peaceful someone can’t be when they were awake. All his defence mechanisms were down, no pretences. Just his pure physical appearance. Illusions, I thought again, they were everywhere. He looked like an angel when he slept but awake he could be an evil Satan ready to seduce the wives of men.

I sat on the couch and pondered for a moment on what I should do before shrugging and grabbing Harry Potter off the coffee table. I had seven chapters to go. 

            “Dais,” Perry mumbled from the bed.

            “Shh,” I said distractedly.

            “Did you ju-”

             “Shh!” I said more urgently and my eyes were wide on the page.

            “You’re rea-”

            “For god’s sake! Shut up for five seconds,” I said desperately, “I have three pages to go and then you can bore me as much as you like.”

Perry shrugged and flopped back down onto the pillows and I threw myself back into the world of Harry Potter.

Five minutes later I closed the book and stroked the cover with a happy smile on my face.

            “Why are you stroking a book?” Perry asked me coming out of nowhere and I must admit I jumped slightly.

             “It was a good book,” I defended.

             “You should read Divergent.”

             “You read?” I raised an eyebrow.