Epilogue:

Five Years Later:

When the doctor told me nine months ago that I was pregnant, I was at a loss for words. There was meant to be a one in a million chance that I could get pregnant, virtually impossible. When I told Liam, my husband of two years, he spun me in a circle, “That just proves you’re one in a million.” That was my husband. Always coming up with the cheesiest things to say.

So we prepared. We got tips off of all our friends, who had kids. We bought a beautiful mahogany crib with the matching changing table and put it in the pretty nursery, we had painted the walls baby green and we had a white wash bookshelf – Liam and I had decided to have a jungle themed nursery. Jake Tomlinson, Hope and Louis’ four year old son, and Dean Horan, Niall and Bella’s four year old son, had convinced us that animals were the best way to go and Deanna, Jade and Harry’s four year old little girl, had agreed that even if the baby was a girl she would like a jungle theme. Liam and I were sold so the nursery had green walls and I had huge stuffed toys – a lion, giraffe and elephant – in the corner, we had light green blankets and white sheets on the mattress inside the crib along with a little stuffed monkey and tiger. It was perfect and now the time for the baby to come was here.

It was May 5th and Perrie had come over with her girls, Alexa who was now eight, Arianna who was now five and Sienna who was three, and Jade. Her stomach was just as big as mine, she was expecting a little boy in about two weeks. When we found out we were pregnant together we were thrilled and over the past nine months we had become hip joint close. We went through morning sickness, cravings, feeling as though we were fat all together. We went baby shopping together and we read pregnancy books together.

            “Aunt Jade! Where’s Deanna and Melanie?” Arianna asked tugging on Jade’s long, knitted black jumper.

            “The girls stayed with Uncle Harry,” Jade informed Arianna. Her little mouth formed an ‘o’ shape and then she insisted that Jade fix her hair into a ponytail (like Jade’s). Jade set to work gently pulling the little girls soft blonde hair into a neat high ponytail. Perrie rolled her eyes with a smile.

            “Are you girls ready for the baby?” Perrie asked.

            “I’ve been ready for months,” I said with a laugh, “We finished the nursery four months ago and Liam’s had the car seat in the car for the past two and a half weeks. We just want the baby to come already.” My stomach was starting to feel uncomfortable so I stood up from the armchair I was seated at and paced a little, holding the bottom of my stomach.

            “You guys got everything out of the way early,” Perrie commented as she helped Sienna take off her jumper. Sienna was a mini Perrie. Sienna had wide blue eyes with fair blonde hair but her personality was like her daddy. Good luck trying to wake her up from naptime.

            “We didn’t want Daisy going into unnecessary stress towards the end,” Liam said and I rolled my eyes as he set down a cup of coffee for Perrie.

            “You didn’t want me to go into unnecessary stress. I told you I couldn’t care less if the baby slept in our room until we got the nursery set up and the baby seat in the car two weeks ago was an over kill.”

            “Says the person who bought her wedding dress a day before the wedding,” Jade snorted and I smiled.

            “Was I stressed?”

            “No, you were very calm about it actually,” Perrie said as she took a sip of coffee, “Liam was stressing though. You almost gave him a heart attack.”