Chapter 7:

Liam and I were walking back to our cabins. My feet were sore so halfway through the walk I stopped to take my heels off, using Liam’s arm for support. However just when I was using his arm the most to help me stay standing his arm went slack and I tumbled to the ground.

            “Geez,” I muttered, “Thanks for that.”

I picked myself up off the floor and brushed off my clothes.

            “Consider it payback.”

            “For what?” I asked annoyed. I didn’t think I managed to offend him tonight.

            “For the first time we met.”

I rolled my eyes, “Are you still holding a grudge on that?” I asked disbelieving. I swear the guys in this generation are turning into girls more than the girls are.

Liam didn’t comment as we continued walking down the pier towards our cabins. He just kept his eyes focused in front of him and didn’t even glance at me. Maybe he was finally losing interest in me.

I hissed as a little rock dug into my foot. Liam looked over at my bare feet and sighed.

            “Hop on,” he said turning around and bending a little so I could jump on his back.

            “No.”

            “Stop being difficult. You’re going to hurt your feet,” he insisted. “If the skin breaks through it’s gonna sting when you go swimming tomorrow,” he reminded me and I sighed.

            “Fine,” I mumbled. I took a few steps back and then ran and jumped onto his back. He barely stumbled but he said, “Ow!”

            “What?” I asked.

            “Your shoes just whacked me out,” he mumbled.

            “Suck it up and start walking. I want to be home before the sun gets up.”

            “You are such a bitch, I swear,” he muttered.

            “Tell me something I don’t know.”

            “You’re talented.”

            “I know that.”

            “You’re beautiful.”

            “I know that too.”

            “You have a nice ass.”

            “Hmm, thanks but I know that too.”

            “You’re cocky.”

            “Confident about what I can do and about my body, I think is more accurate. I’m tired, can you like run the rest of the way?”

            “How can you be tired? You aren’t even doing anything,” Liam said amused but nevertheless he started running down the pier and I laughed and whooped as I enjoyed the warm air hitting my face. When we got to our cabins I hopped off Liam’s back and he faced me. He started to lean in to kiss me but I raised my eyebrows and put my index finger on his lips, stopping him.

            “This wasn’t a date,” I informed him.

            “We could make it one. Meet me for a midnight swim.”

            “Hmm, I don’t think so,” I said shoving my room key into the door, “Nice try though.” I disappeared into my room closing the door behind me and leaving Liam outside.