Chapter 8:

Beth and I were sprawled across our beach towels under the burning sun. We were both propped up on our elbows and watching the people in the water and just enjoying the view. The water was sparkling under the hot sun and if you looked past the people who were swimming in the shallower parts the water could’ve be a huge gigantic blue gem.

            “Who is that?” Beth said her jaw dropping. I turned my head in the direction she was facing and I’m shameful to admit that my draw dropped a little too.

Just a mere twenty meters away from us was the most sexiest, fittest guy I had ever seen. He had an amazing body – abs, muscles, v-line – and he had a jaw line to die for. Aviators were covering his eyes but it didn’t matter – you could just tell he was hot; he had a certain ruggedness to him that just, mmm, made you want to swoon and kiss him.

His golden blonde hair was still spiked up – untouched by the water – and his sun-kissed skin glistened under the sun. He was the kind of guy girls dreamed about.

            “I have dibs,” I said immediately.           

            “I saw him first!”

            “You have a boyfriend!”

            “Oh but if I didn’t, I would bang him like a screen door in a hurricane,” Beth sighed and I laughed.

            “A screen door in a hurricane?” I laughed and then I thought about it, “It’s accurate but I have dibs therefore the only one banging him like a screen door in a hurricane is me.”

            “You can’t have dibs!” Beth protested. “You have Liam!”

            “We aren’t dating,” I scoffed, “We’re barely friends.”

            “But you know he wants to date you,” Beth insisted. Urgh, why was she so pro-Liam? Why couldn’t she just let me bang the hot guy? “Why won’t you give Liam a chance?”

            “Because I don’t want to,” I snapped and then I focused my attention back on the hot guy. He was with two other people. A European looking girl – she had great eyebrows – that I sincerely hoped wasn’t his girlfriend and another guy. The other guy was good looking too. He had dark skin with dark brunette hair and blue eyes – he was much taller than the girl. My suspicion that the girl was Hot Guy 1’s girlfriend was denied when Hot Guy 2 pecked her lips. I smirked. Hot Guy 1 was up for grabs.

            “Want to go for a swim?” Beth asked.

            “As long as we walk pass the hot guy, I’m in,” I said and Beth rolled her eyes.

            “You sound like a horny teenager.”

            “Well one of those things is true,” I smirked and Beth groaned.

            “Too much information!”

            “Well I’m sorry, I haven’t gotten with a guy in like two weeks.”

            “Bombs exploding, the apocalypse has started,” Beth said in an over dramatic voice.

            “Not everyone has a boyfriend most of the time,” I pointed out as Beth stood up.

            “I don’t understand why you won’t just let Liam take you out on a date. He’s a hot guy, you’re a hot girl – I say that in a non-lesbian way of course – when two hot people hang out that means they should start dating and become a couple.”