Chapter 3: The Train Ride

By 10:50 I was all set in the compartment with the trunk neatly stowed away above myself. No one had noticed me so I took advantage of the quiet time by reading my new favorite book, Hogwarts a History, petting my cat Bethany and looking up ever so often to see parents bidding their final farewells to their children.

At approximately 11:10, a bit after the train had started moving, two redheads had walked into the compartment.

"Hello madame" said one of them goofily " are these seats taken?"

"Um, no" I replied shyly

"I'm Fred and"

"I'm George Weasley"

" and you are" said them both

"Camilla... but you can call me Cami"

"Well hello Cami. And let me guess... you're from America?" Asked George

"Indeed I am"

"Yup the great land of cheeseburgers and fried everything" exclaimed Fred loudly while standing up on the seat

"What brings you here to the great U.K.?"

" Hogwarts is the most prestigious wizarding school in the world and the teachers are supposed to be great, or at least that is what they say."

"Indeed it is true, and the teachers are great... unless you have Snape." Said Fred

"Oh man, that dude is BLOODY insane" yelled George passionately

"At least he's better then Lockhart" said Fred as I sat there confused about who these people were.

After nearly an hour filled of humor filled conversation 3 girls walked through the compartment door.

"Ladies" said Fred trying his best at sounding smooth but miserably failing

"Would you like to meet our new friend. This is Cami" said George

"Hi, I'm Angelina" said the tall and beautiful darker girl

"And this is Katie and Alicia" she said pointing to her two friends.

"They are on the Gryffindor quidditch team with us and are also in fourth year" Fred informed Cami

"Oh that's fantastic hopefully we'll have classes together" I exclaimed trying to sound as nice as possible.

The group chatted for a few minutes before being joined yet again by a new person.

"Oh great, the gangs all here" said the new Scottish boy happily

"I have many new plans for this year that I've already discussed with Potter" he continued without looking up,

"We'll need to add a few more players to the reserve team now that half of that team has graduated and I'm planning on 6:30 am practices everyday and 6:30 pm practices every other day."

The boy looked over the paper of notes once more before looking up for the first time since he entered the compartment only to realize that a girl who was not on the team was sitting in the compartment. A beautiful girl if he may add.

"Oh, um, um, hi, I'm Oliver wood" said the boy while his teammates giggled at him

"Cami" I stated shyly shaking his hand

"What house are you in. I don't think I've seen you before" said Oliver clearly glad he hadn't shared his new attack plans to the compartment yet.

"I'm new, haven't been sorted yet"

"Oh, what year?"

"Fourth"

"I'm fifth"

"Um, so I'll talk to you guys later" said Oliver moving towards the door.

Before the group could say goodbye the train halted to a short stop making Oliver fly back into the compartment landing on my lap right before the lights went out and everything went cold.

A dark ghost like figure moved through the hallway causing everyone to freeze and stare at it.

No one moved till the lights went on and George went outside to see what happened.

Oliver looked up to see me awkwardly looking down at him before swiftly standing up once he realized he was half on top of me. He quickly got to the door turned around and started rambling an apology.

"I'm so so sorry, I didn't realize I was on you, I just kinda froze once I saw that thing and..."

Before he could finish I quickly said

"It's ok"

Oliver then replied "I'm, ok well I'll see you all around. Sorry, again." And left the compartment while the train started up again.

After another hour in which George returned telling the group that the creature was a dementor looking for Sirius Balck, everyone changing into their robes and many rounds of exploding snap, Fred exclaimed,

"Looks like we're here"

I stared out the window at the castle mesmerized thinking to myself "this is finally it, I'm starting new."