Chapter 9: Homesick

(From left to right are Camilla's friends Elizabeth, Aria, Candace, Jamie)

Camilla's POV:

It is Tuesday and the first day of my 7th week of school.

As I lay in bed thinking about my Hogwarts experience so far I can't help but smile and be thankful. I have made so many new friends and I am doing very well in my classes. Every Tuesday and Friday at 2:00 Oliver and I hangout. We both have free periods while all of our other friends are in Care of Magical Creatures. Every Tuesday we sneak out to Hogsmade and get butterbeers and Fridays we go to the library and get some studying done. I've gotten very close with him and I've also gotten especially close with Lee, Cho, and Kara.

As I look up I see everyone in bed sitting quietly and finishing their homework.

"Why did I wait so long to start my Care of Magical Creatures project it's due at 10:00 and I've only started it 3 nights ago." Cried Katie.

"We got it over a month ago. Your fault if you don't finish it in time." Replied Angelina.

"Luckily I don't take it so I don't need to do it. Haha!" I said

"Shut up Cami. Anyway why don't you take it?" Asked Kara.

"I'm not very good with those kinds of creatures. I'm better off with dogs and cats."

"Well since y'all are still doing homework I'm gonna go down to breakfast. I'll see everyone later."

"Bye Cami" they coursed

It was getting chilly out since it was the third week of October but it wasn't that bad. A t-shirt would be something comfortable to wear.

I ate the usual at breakfast and sat alone. Not many people were getting out of bed early since everyone wanted to stay under their warm covers all morning.

I heard a loud cawing noise above me and looked up to see my families owl Evergreen.

"Morning Evie" I said while feeding her some blueberries.

I took the package from her hand and opened it. Inside was 1 letter from my Grandma and Poppop, 1 letter from my friends Elizabeth, Jamie, Candace, and Aria, and 1 letter from my parents.

Mother and Father's letter:

Dear Camilla,
We hope you are enjoying life at Hogwarts and that you are studying hard. Everything is fine back at home. You can come back for Thanksgiving as I have already asked your Headmaster. If you would like you may invite a few friends for the winter Holidays. As you know we will be celebrating Christmas Eve in the city at your Grandparents Gala and Christmas Day will be spent at home with everyone. For New Years your Uncle, Aunt, and Cousin Luca have offered to host you and to celebrate the holiday in London. We already said you could go and restock any items you need for school with them. We will see you soon.
Hugs,
Mother & Father

Friend's letter:

Hey Camilla,
Sorry about how short this letters gonna be but We have to be quick We are about to go to the city and go shopping. We hope your having fun at school and We hope We can see you during your break. We really miss you but know that your probably doing fantastic. We love you and miss you soooo much.
Love,
Jamie, Candace, Aria, Elizabeth

Grandma and Popop's letter:
Dear Camilla,
We hope you are having a wonderful time at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please pay close attention in class. You learn something new everyday and learning about magic can be especially interesting. Your mother and father have informed us that you well be coming home for four days during Thanksgiving. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving we will be going with your cousins to get our dresses fitted for the Christmas Gala. Please let us know if you have any problems with the date.
Love,
Grandma & Popop

I quickly wrote responses to all of their letters. I honestly was so distracted by schoolwork that I forgot about how much I missed my friends back home. They where all muggle except for one of my friends Sandy. Candace, Aria,Jamie,and Elizabeth have been my best friends since I was four. We all live within 2 minutes of each other and spend everyday of the summer at one of our houses. We ride our bikes together to the cafe a few miles away and sometimes go to the beach or park right next to it.

We all went to the same school together even though Aria and Elizabeth are 16 and Candace and Jamie are 15. It's kinda funny because Aria and Elizabeth are 2 of the oldest in our grade because their parents held them back and I'm the youngest because I went to school early.

Now that I think of it we probably wouldn't have seen each other that often if they went to Hogwarts. Even though we are all best friends we are complete opposites of each other.

I miss them all so much and can't wait to see them when I get home.

I'll send them some candy tomorrow after I go to Hogsmade later with Oliver. They'll love the cool candy and it will be like a pre game for Halloween.

I finished my breakfast and still none of my friends have shown up in the hall so I decide that I'll just go to class early.