Chapter 13: Thanksgiving

Ok so I have a huge family. My father has 3 brothers and my mother has 1 brother and 1 sister.  I have 14 cousins and 1 half cousin.

My mothers side of the family is completely magical and comes from a long line of wizards.

My fathers side is half and half. My grandmother was magical but my grandfather was not.

My grandfather was one of the richest men in New York by the time he was 26. When he was 19 he started his own jewelry company. My uncles all became head of the finance departments and my father was basically the boss of everyone. He was the youngest born to the Caswell name but he will one day inherit everything because of his hard work.

En Juvel was the name of the company and it stood above all buildings on 5th Avenue.

We became the most well known family in New York because of it.

My cousins and I go to all of the best galas and parties in New York. I'm one of the youngest but I still get in to most parties because of my family.

We finally got to my Grandparents house and walked up to the front door. They lived in Montauk which was all the way out east on Long Island. I rang the doorbell.

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone" said my Grandfather when he opened the door.

We all responded back with Happy Thanksgivings and proceeded inside.

Their house was larger then ours and sat in the middle of 10 acres of land.

I walked into the Kitchen and saw everyone.

I said hi to my cousins and Uncles and Aunts before I sat down.

We talked for about an hour before dinner and when my grandfather started carving the turkey we all left the room.

We aren't exactly the closest with each other as other families are but on Thanksgiving we all get along.

At 4:30 we started eating our early meal.

I had Turkey, mashed potatoes, asparagus, Marsh mellowed yams, gravy, corn, string bean casserole, and a lot more.

By the end of dinner everyone was full to the max. We all sat in the living room and talked some more until about 6:00 when we went outside and the boys played football. Most of the girls couldn't play because of the dresses and heals we were wearing but a few of my cousins did manage.

We were then called into the house for dessert and ate pumpkin pie, apple pie, ice cream, tarts, s'mores, and more.

We then took the family pictures on the staircase before it was time to leave.

The night was very fun and in the car ride home I was super tired. I fell asleep as soon as I got to our house. I didn't even bother changing or getting washed up.

The one thing I wished I could have done was send a letter to my friends at Hogwarts to tell them how my day was but I was way too tired to do that.

It was a great night.

A.N. Sorry for the crap chapter I wanted to update quickly so it is very short. Thank you so much for reading. I don't plan on stopping the updates anytime soon they are just kind of slowing down. Have a good day. Hugs!❤️