A Hospital Stay

Lovino wakes up to the sharp noise of beeps. He slowly opens his eyes, bright light shining through. Why am I here? He wonders. Then it hits him.

He remembers.
He sees his parents. They must have drove home early from their trip once they heard.
He feelings of guilt overwhelm Lovino, and he realizes the pain he is putting them through. I'm such an idiota! He thinks.
It's all too much to take in, so he goes back to sleep.

Lovino finally wakes up again.
"My baby!" Exclaims his mom, tears in her eyes. She attempts hugging him, but can't because of all the wires attached to his wrist. Then his dad, also teary, talks, along with his brother, who is a mess.
"My fratello! I love you so much-a-I was so worried" says Feli, balling his eyes out.

Then, Lovino sees Antonio. He is standing in a far corner of the room.
"Antonio?" His weak voice sputters.
"Hi." Antonio says, looking down.
"When I called, did you come over?"
"Yes."
"Did you dial 911?"
"Yes. I was just in time. You were close to bleeding out."
There is a silence.
"Thank you."
The Vargas family stares at Antonio in awe.
"You saved his life!" Exclaims his mom.
"Not exactly. He called me and told me to come over, and when I got there and saw him, I called 911 and followed their instructions." Antonio explains.
"You still saved his life." She gratefully says.

Lovino stays in the hospital for a week. He doesn't tell anyone why he did this. He rejects offers of therapy, and has to fight so they don't put him in the inpatient sector for mental health. His family visits regularly, but a certain person who he longs to see is never there. That is until the 5th day of being in the hospital.
Lovino is half asleep when a Spanish boy with shiny brown curls and emerald eyes walks into the room.
"Hey, bastard." Says Lovino.
"Hi Lovino!" Antonio blurts over enthusiastically.
Lovino's crush on the boy hasn't gotten any smaller, and seeing him is the happiest he has felt in a while. Lovino looks down, thinking of the fact that he must have hurt poor Antonio, even though he only sees him as a friend.
When Lovino looks up, he sees a look of sadness on Antonio's face. Right away, Lovino misses Antonio's usual cheerful aura.
"Thanks for s-saving me, bastard." Says Lovino, making a desperate attempt to cheer him up. Antonio's eyes light up a little.
"No problem." Antonio replies, a slight grin itching the corners of his mouth.
Antonio takes a seat, and Lovino is still trying to hide his excitement that he is visiting.
"I have something for you." Antonio remarks, and takes something out of his pocket. It's a string bracelet. Focus on the good.

"You can put it in your injured wrist, once it heals

"You can put it in your injured wrist, once it heals. When you look at the wound, you may be discouraged, but hopefully the bracelet will help you through that, Lovi." Antonio says, face bright red.
Lovino looks into his emerald eyes before taking the bracelet.
"Thank you." He says with a shaky voice, attempting a smile. But soon his smile turns to sobs.
"I'm so sorry Antonio! I should have never called you and made this your problem. I should have just died, but I'm so selfish, and I called you and dragged into this. You don't deserve this! You look so sad! I- I'm so sorry." Lovino continues to sob into his hands, clutching the bracelet to his chest.
"Lovino! I'm glad you called me! I would have been distraught if you died! I'm not meaning to be sad right now...it's just seeing you this way, it hurts. You mean more to me than you know, Lovino."
Lovino's heart lights up at his words. Is it possible he feels the same? Lovino pushes the thought out of his mind as Antonio looks at Lovino with worry. Lovino offers him a dull smile. Eventually the visit is over, and it is time for Lovino to see his family.

His family comes in as usual.
After a while of silence, Lovino's father speaks.
"Why did you do this?" He asks. Lovino thinks of the guilt, the bullying, the visions.
"I'm not answering that! Don't asks me again, any of you bastards!" He yells, face going bright red. He then goes to sleep.

A/N- ya that was pretty short but I didn't want to drag along the hospital stay. Creds to BlumaAffirmationsCo for the bracelet picture. Next chapter, be ready for some cute Spamano feels😊