chapter4

Bella's POV

When I enter my house it's quiet...too quiet. I walk into the kitchen to see my mom sitting at the table sipping on her coffee. When she notices me she motions me to sit next to her.

"Isabella, I don't know how you're gonna react to this," she sighs. Oh god, what happened? I can only think of the worst.

"Go on," I insist, still trying to read my mom's emotion.

"Well...me and your father have been talking and debating and we've decided it would be best if we get a divorce," she says with a small smile trying to soften the blow.

I say nothing, as soon as the words leave her mouth I immediately begin to cry as my world comes crashing down in a few split seconds. I find myself running away back outside to the place that masks the pain of my life. I hear my mom yell behind me but I don't stop.

- - -

When it gets dark I finally decide to go home and face my problems. I enter my house for the second time today and I see my mom sitting where I left her.

"M...mom..?" I stutter, "I'm ready to talk about it," I add with a small smile.

"Here, sit," she instructs and I oblige.

"Okay... your father and I have decided to end things between the two of us..." she starts. She is cut off by my father entering the kitchen carrying a suitcase. A single tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it with the back of my hand.

"I'm sorry Bella, I really am, but we all know this is for the best," my father sighs. I give him a nod and a small smile before he hugs me and my mom one last time.

"You can come visit me whenever you want," he assures me and takes one last look at us, walking out of the newly broken home. I don't even know if I can call this place home any more. I burst into tears as soon as my mom wraps her arms tightly around my body.

"It's gonna be okay," she whispers into my hair. A few minutes pass by and I pull away, squeezing her hand in as a comforting gesture.

"Are you still gonna live here?" I question.

"Yes," she assures with a small smile. I nod at my mom and she dismisses me. I walk to my room and collapse on my bed in a fit of tears.

Harry's POV

"Dude what's your problem? Why are you being such a downer?" Tyler yells over the loud ass music.

"Tyler you're lucky I'm even here," I huff causing him to rolls his eyes. I could knock them out of his head sometimes, but like I said he is my only "friend".

"Come on dude, loosen up," he laughs handing me a red solo cup filled to the brim with beer. I decide to take a sip. Scratch that, I decide to down the whole thing right then and there.

After 5 cups of beer and 4 shots later I'm wasted and the pain suddenly drifts away. I end up passing out on the couch in the frat house living room. I'm woken up by the buzzing of my phone. I groggily rub my eyes and look at my phone screen, I have a text from Tyler.

*hey man*

*i didn't want to wake you up and risk the chance of getting my ass beat lol*

*anyways, wanted to let you know we went for a morning trip to the club I had to help my dad with something*

I roll my eyes and sit up with my daily morning headache, but damn is it worth it. I can only sleep when I have alcohol in my system. That's the only time when my mind isn't going 1,000 miles an hour.

When I park the car in the driveway of my house everything seems to be in order, I'm ready to go in and have to beat my dads ass, it's becoming a morning routine.

I walk inside only to find my mum sitting on the couch crying, clutching a piece of paper.

"Mum?" I question, "are you okay?"

My mum lifts her head, handing me the wrinkly sheet. I look at the ink and realize it's my dads handwriting.

Dear Harry,
Son, I'm sorry for all I've put you through throughout  these years. I realized I was lost and there is just no hope for me. I want you to know that I love you and I always have. I also want to you to know I only did this to better your mum's and your life. Take this words and run with them Harry, never let the world tear you down the way it did me. I don't want you to turn out the way I did Never lose hope.
Much love,
Your father

"What the hell is this?" I question my mother who is now sobbing into a pillow.

"Harry I'm sorry, your father committed suicide this morning," she cries.

What?

"He...what...what the fuck!" I yell a little to loud causing my mom to jump.

"I'm sorry Harry," she bawls. Why would he do this? He thought this would actually help my mum and I? What kind of sick, twisted person does that? I find myself outside.

"Fuck!" I scream dropping to my knees. Why do I care so much? He was a dead beat, he was no help for me or my mum; all he did was cause us pain. I still find myself feeling hurt and betrayed. How am I supposed to have hope? Happiness doesn't exist.

Bella's POV

I'm sprawled across my bed in the same position from hours ago. I begin to fall back into the depressed state I thought I escaped long ago. I think about him, my little brother. I haven't told anyone the story of how he died. 7 years ago my little brother became sick with cancer, he fought for 2 years.

My brother was the strongest person I've ever met; you never saw him cry a day of the 2 years he struggled to stay alive. On the day he died I went crazy. I tried to harm myself in more ways than one, I thought there was no other way around it. I didn't want to live anymore.

I spent three years in therapy until I finally felt okay again. Nothing would ever be the same but I felt okay. A few years went by and that's when my parents began to argue. I feel lost again, I'm hoping there is a way out. I need passion. I need hope. I need happiness. Real happiness.