chapter21

Bella's POV

Harry and I have been joking and laughing the entire ride home until he spots his mom. Anne glimpses at Harry and I, signaling him over.

"Harry love, can I talk to you in private please?" She questions with a small smile, Harry turns to me.

"Can you wait for me in my room please?" He questions grabbing my hands into his own. I nod letting his hand slide out of mine as I walk down the hallway.

I enter Harry's room taking a deep breathe as his scent fills my nostrils. I walk over to his dresser, taking out one of his t-shirts. I lightly spritz his cologne on myself to hold on to his scent for longer. I change into pinstripe night shorts and sit in front of his full length mirror. I began to wipe my smudged makeup off as the door swings open. There stands Harry, a melancholy look takes over his features.

"Hey,what did your mom want," I question as he changes his shirt and pants. He sits on the edge of the bed and motions me to sit on his lap.

"Listen Bella, I don't know how to tell you this," he starts but I cut him off out of concern. The tone of his voice now explains the sadness that plays across his face. Something's happened, something bad.

"Harry what's wrong?" I blurt feeling a burning sensation begin in my chest.

"Bella, my moms doctors can't treat her anymore, we have to go back to England in order to get the treatment she needs," he explains, I can tell he is trying his best to hold back tears. My tears began to stream, not for me but for the broken soul that is before me.

"Oh, Harry, I'm sorry," I cry wrapping my arms around his neck, holding him tight to me.

"Bella, I like you, I like you a lot. You don't know how hard it's going to be to leave you," he sniffs, still holding back tears. I still sit in his lap and he holds me while I cry for him, for his mother, and for us. He places his hand under my chin, lifting my head to look up at him as he wipes the tears from my eyes.

"When do you leave?" I question him, leaning back down into his chest.

"Next week," he sighs, rubbing my back to calm me. I shouldn't be the one crying but I can't help it.

"This is fucked, I mean isn't America supposed to know how to treat all this shit?" He snaps. I agree with him, America is supposed to know all this "shit".

"It's okay Harry, you need to be with your mom, she needs you more than anything," I assure him, he leans into me to place a tender kiss on my forehead. I shiver at his touch, I've never had someone have this kind of effect on me. I climb off his lap motioning over to the bed, I lie in his arms as he strokes my hair until he falls asleep. I watch him sleep as I search for my own, I lean over kissing his forehead, smoothing out the lines.

---------------------------

My eyes flutter open, I search for the time on the clock, 11:08. I'm still tangled up with Harry as he continues to snore, I untangle him from me standing from the bed. With a kiss on his nose, his eyes flutter open, looking up at me.

"What time is it darling?" He question, his husky, sleepy voice present. The sound of it gives me chills, and the way he pronounces words makes me melt.

"Eleven o'clock," I reply why a small smile, he grabs my arms and pulls me into his chest.

"I have to pack," I sigh standing from his body, I turn to walk away and he grabs my wrist pulling me back.

"Oh no you don't," he teases kissing me on the nose. "Why can't you stay again?" he questions for the tenth time my whole trip.

"I told you Harry, I have a project due Monday and I haven't even started it," I huff, annoyed at my tendency to procrastinate. I stand from his arms once more, this time breaking free. I begin to pack my bag as Harry comes up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. I give in to him turning to face him, he's leaving in a week and I don't know what our relationships will hold. After we stand, holding each other, he let's go, allowing me to finish what I started.

I return his shirt and change into my clothes I packed. It's two o'clock when I realize I need to leave. I gather the last of my things, saying my goodbyes to Anne, assuring her I'll see her again before she leaves. Harry takes my things to the car as I follow him.

I climb in the passenger seat as Harry starts the engine. He rests one hand on my thigh rubbing up and down, I interlace our fingers, resting them back on my leg. After the long drive and long conversations we finally make it to campus.

As we pull into a parking space, a small gasp escapes my lips as I spot Niall sitting on the bench. He holds a cigarette between his pointer and middle fingers as he scrolls through his phone.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding," Harry blurts, hitting the steering wheel with one fist.

"Harry please don't..." I begin, being cut off by Harry.

"No, I'm walking you in," he huffs, turning the key to the engine. Grabbing my hand, he walks to his trunk grabbing my bags. Niall looks up from his phone as we pass him.

"Hey Bella," he sighs, I can tell he's still hurt by me. Harry's grip on me tightens as he leads me away from Niall.

"Hey Niall," I smile as we walk towards my dorm. As we enter Harry is fuming.

"What the hell," he growls gripping my wrist, spinning me around.

"Harry it was a simple hello, you need to stop being insecure and realize I have you, I don't want anyone else," I snap, glaring at him.

"Oh I'm insecure..." he starts but I cut him off before he goes any further.

"Can we please not argue, you leave in a week for England and we don't even know what will happen to us, so can you please stop!" I yell at him. His tone changes as he walks toward me, wrapping me into an embrace.

"I'm sorry love bug, I'm just frustrated," he sighs, kissing my head. I wrap my arms around his waist holding him tight, knowing he will have to leave soon.

"Well I'm going to go, call me if you need me," he calls as he walks out the door after one more kiss on the head.

(Hey y'all!!! I'm back on normal schedule of an update a week! Thanks for reading! xx)