chapter38

*content could be triggering to some*

Bella's POV

We finished up our lunch and headed for the car.Harry didn't eat much, i had a feeling he wouldn't. I too had lost my appetite after my little run with Corrine. That bitch had some nerve.

"Bella?" harry called from the driver seat.

"hmm?" i responded.

"who was that girl back there and why didn't she treat you like that?" he questioned.

"that's Corrine, my ex roommate, she left me on the curb at that party that night...the one where you picked me up," i explained.

"oh, i see," he nodded. "well if she ever pulls that shit again Bella, i won't be able to keep my cool...so i might just have to teach you to beat her ass," he smiled.

"oh i know you haven't just said that...i could beat her ass any day," i assured him with a smug grin.

"is that so?" he quipped, "we will just have to see about that,"

we drive for a little while longer before i decided to slip the question.

"so what did you Aunt Dee say?" i smiled weakly.

"well she forgave me for running out and informed me that the funeral would be this Tuesday," he sighed.

"okay, you still want me to come with you right?" i asked.

"yes, of course i do," he showed me a small smile, placing his hand over my knee. I smiled up at him as he pulled into the parking lot. When entered my dorm room and i sprawled our on the bed. Harry kicked off his boots and joined me.

"you know life's pretty shit on my end lately too," i sighed.

"and why is that?" he questioned, pulling me into his chest.

"well for starters, my mom and dad just ended things only months ago and my mom already has a boyfriend. To top that off she's getting married again to her new boyfriend David and they're expecting," i rolled my eyes.

"wait slow down, what? not to be rude but isn't your mom a little old to have children?" he chuckled.

"yeah that's what i thought too," i laughed.

"well i'm sorry to hear that for you baby," he frowned and kissed the back of my neck.

"i didn't tell you so we could have a pity party, please don't think that. I just want to gain trust back in the both of us," I explained.

"No love, you don't have to explain yourself, i know you," he assured me, hugging me tight.

Harry's POV

*2 days later*

I hadn't done much the past few days and as my mothers funeral drew nearer, the less i wanted to do. I had been staying at Bella's since i arrived back in the states and we were leaving tomorrow to go back to london. Bella had been buzzing all over the room, packing up her suite case. She searched for her passport, along with other important things, and got them together. I felt sick and payed in bed as i watched her. The bathroom door swung open and she walked out in a black dress.

"does this look okay because i want to look good for your family and i don't want them to think I don't care and.." she rambled.

"Bella," i laughed a bit. "calm down, it's perfect," i assured her.

"are you sure?" she frowned.

"positive," i smirked.

She left the room with a smile and came back out, tucking the dress into her suite case.