chapter44

Harry's POV

I sighed at my feet as i waited on Aunt Dee's couch for her to arrive. Foot steps were heard through the back door, followed by a low creaking noise.

"Aunt Dee?" i called. No answer.

"Aunt Dee? Is that you?" i yelled once more, moving closer to the source.

"Aunt- Christ!" i called out, clutching my chest.L Aunt Dee came into the door, her arms full of bags.

"Jesus, you scared the hell out of me," i breathed, taking a few bags from her hands.

"I'm sorry dear, i was getting my things," she answered, turning to shut the door with her foot.

"So," i started, sitting the bags down on the counter.

"What did you need to talk about?" i questioned, cautiously.

"Come, love," she almost whispered, leading me back to my place on the couch. She sat down next to me with a clipboard and paper.

"What's all this?" i motioned towards her hand, she held the items tighter.

"I wanted to make sure everything with the funeral was what you wanted," she gave me a small smile. I suddenly felt like shit. I had left her to do it all alone and she still insisted on my approval.

Bella's POV

I wandered down the short hallway that went from Harry's room to his mother's. The walls of the hallway were lined with pictures of Harry and his family. I looked up and met Harry's emerald eyes and crooked smile. I chuckled as his small hands rested on his face. Next to that was a picture of Harry, his mother, and his father or so i was assuming.

Harry looked as happy as a lark as he looked up at his parents. Harry's father on the other hand, looked just like he did now, only a miserable version. He hadn't been smiling as his hand rested on Harry's shoulder. My heart ached for the small boy before my eyes.

A sudden urge to see more rushed over me. I tiptoed further down the hallway toward Anne's room. Clutching the doorknob, i gently pushed it open. Her scent invaded my nostrils and my body went ridged as i saw that her bed had been unmade.

I walked over to the bed and pulled the sheets and duvet into place, followed by the pillows.

A cardboard box sat in the corner of the room, i flicked on the lamp above it and sat down. The inside was full of pictures.

...

I had been sitting on the floor for hours, waiting on Harry to arrive home.

Harry's POV

I came home from meeting with Aunt Dee, unlocking the door before entering.

"Bella?" i called, walking to my room. Not there. Kitchen? Not there. Bathroom? Not there.

The door to my mum's room was cracked and a unexplainable rage shot through me.

I burst through the door and Bella sat on the floor, pictures in hand. Her head snapped backwards, looking up at me. I searched the room, realizing the bed had been made.

"What the hell are you doing Bella?" i questioned, too aggressively for her liking.

"I-I," she began.

"You what? Decided to snoop around in my dead mothers room and make the bed, the last memory i had of her being here? Get the hell out of here!" i yelled harshly.

"Harry I- I was just trying to help," she weakly replied.

"Get out of here," i ripped the blankets back off the bed. She gasped and lifted quickly to her feet, running out.

I breathed hard, pulling at my hair, immediately running after her.

"Bella!" i called running down the hallway. The door slammed as i made my way to the living room.

"Shit!" i cried, punching the door, harshly. I pulled on my boots and scrambled out the door.

Bella's POV

The wind hit my wet cheeks as i ran down the sidewalk. I realized i had been wearing nothing but pajamas, i didn't care. I was sent dirty stares after every face i encountered, making me feel worse.

I ran until my feet couldn't carry me any longer. I slowed to a stop, coming up upon a small park. I stumbled upon a small park bench. I sat down attempting to catch my breathe as my lungs burned.

crack

A twig broke in the distance. I stood quickly, looking around.

"Bella!" A familiar voice called. Harry had found me.

I turned to run but a pair of strong arms wrapped around my torso, pulling me into his chest. I quickly turned pushing him off.

"Bella, please, listen to me," I slowed, staring into his eyes. His eyes were pools of sadness and my heart crushed under the sight.

"Harry I- I'm so sorry," i blurted.

"No, Bella, it's okay i'm a prick," he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No, i should never have snooped around I'm your mothers personal things. I had just assumed you just forgot to make the bed," i explained, leaning my head into his chest.

"I- I don't know what i was doing Bella. So many thoughts have swamped my brain this week and i don't know how to deal with them," he admitted.

"All i want is for a miracle to happen and someone tell me this is all a mistake, that she's still here," his voice shook, sending shivers down my spine.

"Come here," i whispered, pulling him into my neck. I wrapped my arms around him.

"How about we go back to yours and we can do something to maybe distract you," i suggested, he nodded and grabbed my hand.

Harry's POV
...

We entered my apartment and i threw off my jacket and shoes, pulling Bella in for a kiss. I ran my hands down her back, resting them on her ass. I gave it a small squeeze and she bucked in my grasp.

"Harry, i meant we should play a board game or something," she giggled, pulling away.

"Oh, don't be such a tease," i growled, pulling her by the waist.

She smirked pressing hardly into my body, my bulge to her center. I began to breathe harder, picking her up, wrapping her around me.

I carried her to my bedroom, throwing her into the bed. I trailed down her chest with kisses as i unbuttoned her night shirt.

(Hey guys!!! i love you all xx)