chapter18

Bella's POV

Friday

I sit patiently on the bed as I wait for Harry to finish his shower. Josie's been out all night with who I'm assuming is the guy she's been going on about. Because of this Harry stayed with me. The door abruptly opens as Harry stands in the door frame, towel hanging around his hips. Water droplets from his hair drop to his body, running in between the two swallows on his chest. My eyes follow the stream of water as it travels down his damp body.

"What are you looking at?" He teasingly questions, snapping me back into reality. I stare into his smiling, emerald eyes before answering.

"Nothing," I say biting my bottom lip to hide the smile. He smugly saunters across the room to where I'm standing, grabbing my wrists and pinning me on to the bed.

"Harry!" I squeal as his hair drips on to my face. "You're getting me soaking wet!" I add, my wrists still restricted by Harry's large hands. A smirk appears across his face.

"Oh am I now?" He questions biting down on his bottom lip. Taking one last look at me, his tongue darts out to wet his lips as he dips down and connects them with mine. I allow his tongue entrance as my fingers interlace into his hair. The sudden sound of a muffled cough causes us to pull away. As Harry stand up from over me Josie comes into view, standing with the blonde haired, blue eyed beauty, Niall. As Harry turns to face them his body stiffens.

"I'm sorry, I had to grab my books," she explains walking over to her bookshelf. Harry pushes passed Niall into the bathroom and I am left alone.

"Josie can I talk to you for a second please, alone?" I question tilting my head towards Niall, signaling her to make him to leave.

"Niall could you give us a second?" She turns to him, he nods giving us our space by walking into the hallway.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whisper in a stern tone.

"You said you didn't want him and he's cute," she argues, jumping to conclusions as she often does.

"No, I mean why did you bring him here after I told you about Niall and Harry not getting along?" I reply.

"I'm sorry I didn't know Harry would be here," she assures walking over to the door. "You two can finish what was started now" she winks before opening the door and rejoining Niall in the hallway. I quickly make my way over to the bathroom door, tapping it gently with my knuckle.

"Harry?" I call. I can tell he's upset but I'm very impressed with how he's handled it. The door suddenly swings open and Harry now stands before me again, wearing a plaid red shirt and black skinny jeans. The shirt is unbuttoned enough for my eyes to catch something a hadn't seen before. I look closer and notice a gold crucifix, hanging from his neck.

"I've never noticed this before," I smile holding the necklace in between my fingers.

"I've had it for forever," he explains as he strolls over to grab my bag. "You ready?" He questions and I nod. Throwing my bags into the trunk and jumping into the drivers seat without a word. I can tell he is pissed off that at Niall. After all, this is the first time they've seen each other since they fought.

"Harry," I say resting my hand on to his on the console. "I'm proud of you," I assure him, rubbing my thumb over his large hand.

"Just because I didn't beat his ass again, doesn't mean I don't still hate him with a burning fucking passion," he spits, as I place my hand under his chin, turning his head to look at me.

"Harry, I realize that and thank you for showing me you care enough to not fight again," I smile and his features soften, he grabs my hand in his resting them on my thigh. I lean over and kiss his cheek as we pull out of CSU.

Harry's POV

I turn the knob to the shower, making sure it's on one of the hottest settings. I jump in letting the steaming water run down my back, relaxing my tense muscles. I'm really worried about my mom as she looks more fatigued each day. I haven't slept much, all I can think about is how miserable my mom must be. I take a little too long in the shower but I don't give a fuck. This is the only thing that can clear my head right now. I step out and dry most of my body and wrap the towel around my waist.

I walk into the room to see Bella sitting on the bed, her beautiful face illuminated by her phone's light. As she looks up from her phone she freezes and her mouth slightly parts open. I can tell she's studying me by the way her eyes are moving down my body.

"What are you looking at?" I tease and her eyes snap away from my body to my face.

"Nothing," she replies attempting and failing to hide a smile. I move over to her and pin her to the bed, leaning over her body. Droplets of water drop to her face causing her to squeal.

"Harry!" She laughs "You're getting me soaking wet!" She adds causing a dirty grin to take place over my face.

"Oh am I now?" I tease bringing my bottom lip in between my teeth. I look down at her before quickly connecting our lips. Allowing my tongue access she tugs my hair, which drives me fucking mental with pleasure. We are interrupted by a sudden sound from behind us, causing us to pull away. I stand and turn to face the source, Bella's roommate and fucking Niall.

"I'm sorry, I had to grab my books," her friend explains grabbing them from the bookshelf from behind me.

Suddenly it hits me, how could I have not realized this sooner. The girl that stands in front of me is no other than the girl from 2 years ago back in England. Her name was Annabelle, or so she claimed. She had me fooled and I know that now. As Niall smugly stands there I decide to leave before I knock the shit out of that little bastard.

I make my way back to the bathroom to dress. A few minutes go by before I hear a faint knock at the door before Bella's voice calls my name.

I open the door as she stands there taking me in. She studies me up and down once again, suddenly stopping at my chest.

"I've never noticed this before," she says grabbing my crucifix necklace between her fingers.

"I've had it for forever," I respond walking passed her to grab her bag. "You ready?" I question walking towards the door, she nods and I oblige walking out to my car. I place her things in my trunk and start the engine. I begin driving out of the parking lot as she speaks.

"Harry?" she starts placing her hand over mine rubbing it with her thumb. "I'm proud of you," she adds as I look into her eyes. The thought of Niall only pisses me off. I try to forget about An-Josie as the thought of her and the past creep into my head. I can't tell Bella, it will only confuse her.

"Just because I didn't beat his ass doesn't mean I don't still hate him with a burning fucking passion," I snap and she grabs my chin to make me look at her.

"Harry, I realize that and thank you for showing me you care enough to not fight again," she assures. I can't stay angry when she looks as good as she does. I lace our hands together, resting them on her lap as she leans over to kiss my cheek.

(Hey guys I hope you're enjoying! Like I've said before I have school and with my schedule it gets so hard to update :( I will continue to post when I can xx)