chapter5

Bella's POV
August
---
"Honey, I'm so proud of you," my mom praises me as I step out of my car. My mom drove behind me as I led the way to CSU , where I'll live for the next 4 years. Fort Collins is 2 hours away from my childhood home. I left all the memories I've had for the past 18 years, even the dreadful ones from the past few months, behind. Although they will always be tucked away in my mind, I'm ready for a fresh start. I hope this move will be the happiness I need to end the pain I still feel inside.

My mom and I enter the front office of Colorado State University. My life is about to change, hopefully for the better.

"Name?" the receptionist barks.

"Isabella Taylor," I calmly respond trying not to catch an attitude with her. I want to make a good impression. So far my "fresh start" isn't going too well.

After typing in my information on her computer she hands me my keys to my dorm room. I almost forgot I would be sharing a room with someone I've never met. The thought of having to do so makes me anxious.

"Room 2073," she huffs. I can tell this lady obviously hates her job. I want to ask her why she works here if she hates it so much, but I decide against it.

My mom follows me to my dorm with some of my bags in her hands. I unlock the door and find that half of the dorm is already decorated, although no one seems to be here. I take my luggage from my mother and neatly sit them down. I'm now embraced in a hug from my now sobbing mom.

"You be safe, do you hear me?" She chokes trying to keep her cool.

"Yes mom, I'm gonna be fine," I assure for what feels like the fiftieth time today.

"Well I'm gonna go now. Call me for anything you need, I love you Isabella," she cries hugging me again. I love my mom and all but the woman sure doesn't know the definition of personal space.

"I love you too mom," I smile. I give her a small wave  as she turns the knob to my dorm room door, gently shutting it behind her.

I make an attempt to unpack all of my possessions. I pull my unruly hair into a messy bun and begin to unzip my suitcases.

I've been unpacking for hours and still no sign of my roommate. I decide to take a break from the endless folding and call Josie. Josie and I have been talking about going to this college together since the beginning of senior year, now that it's finally here I need to talk to her.

"Hey Josie, are you done unpacking?" I question after she picks up.

"I'm done, actually I was just about to call you to see if you would like to go down and get some dinner with me?" She says excited. I would love to go to dinner but I really need to finish unpacking, but then again I'm starving. Realizing I haven't ate since breakfast, I decide a break can't hurt.

"Sure, okay. I'll meet you in the courtyard at 6," I chirp. It will be nice to get out with Josie. It's been so quiet and lonely since my mom left a few hours ago, I'm not used to silence and it's been too long since I've seen Josie.

Harry's POV
"No mum you can forget it. I'm not moving into that college with those shitty dorm rooms," I snap at my mum who's been nagging me all day.

"Come on Harry, you can't just drive 2 hours to school everyday," she counters. I got a scholarship to Colorado State University. It's 2 hours away but I couldn't pass up the offer because we sure couldn't afford to pay for school. My mum was not having it with my plan of not going to college.