chapter31

Harry's POV

I sat in the small, stale waiting room, staring down at  the tiled floor. I bounced my leg in an anxious way as a single tear rolled down my face. I wiped it quickly, stood up, and stalked over to the nurses station.

"How's my mum?" I questioned.

"What's the name son?" the older, grey haired woman asked.

"Anne," I cut quickly.

"As of now, she seems to be doing fine," she smiled at me and I took a deep breathe, letting out a sigh. I traveled back to my spot in the waiting area.

It was already getting late and I just wanted them to fix my mum. I lied my head back against the wall and shut my eyes.

Bella's POV

I stood in front of the full length mirror, running my fingers through my messy hair. I contemplated on wearing makeup and soon decided to wear a little for once.

I grabbed my small makeup bag off the desk and sat down in front of the mirror.

....

after forty five minutes of primping I was ready for Niall to pick me up. I was wearing a small strapped black crop top, jean shorts, and my white converse.

At seven forty five a knock sounded at my door. I stood up from my spot on the bed and walked over to welcome Niall.

When I opened the door though, it wasn't Niall. In my doorframe stood Josie, glaring at me.

"What are you doing here?" I growled.

"Listen Bella, you want an enemy, you got one, so I'm gonna tell you this nice and slow. Stay. Away. From Niall. Got it? Good," she smiled and walked back down the hallway.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, if she only knew who was in my bed last night. I shut the door and walked back to my cozy spot on the bed and waited for Niall.

Soon another knock was heard from my door. I walked over gently pulling the handle and Niall stood in my view, his eyes widened and I showed him a smile.

"Wow Bella, you look hot," He gawked.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," I replied.

"Shall we?" He smiled.

"We shall," i said and we walked out to his car.

Harry's POV

I was woken up by a shake of my shoulder. I shot up quickly, almost punching the source. I soon learned it was my aunt Dee.

"Christ Aunt Dee you almost gave me a heart attack," I breathed.

"I'm sorry love, how are you?" She said with a sympathetic smile.

"I'm okay, but wait, how did you know we were here, my phone's busted and I couldn't call," I questioned.

"Your mum called , told me everything," she smiled.

"My mum's awake! These bastards didn't tell me," I boiled. I stood from the chair, charging the nurse's counter.

"Why the fuck wasn't I informed about my mum," I seethed.

"We didn't want to wake you love," she explained back to me.

"I don't give a fuck about sleep, I want my mum. Can I please go see her?" I asked, taking a deep breath.

"Yes, room 1256," she nodded.

I waved my aunt Dee forward and she followed.

When we can to my mum's room, I gently knocked. I was given a weak "come in" and I complied.

"Harry my love, how are you?" She questioned with a smile.

"Mum, you've just been put into the hospital and you're asking me how I am," I joked. She laughed softly and waved me over.

I embraced her in a tight hug, taking in her scent.

"Harry, Dee, sit down," she commanded.

"Why, what's the matter," I inquired.

"Listen darling, the doctor has found a mass in my lungs," she frowned.

"What the hell, they said you were getting better," I cried.

"Yes dear, but they can't control how my cancer spreads, and unfortunately it has spread to my lungs," she explained and I shook my head.

"But Harry you have to understand, they're going to put me into emergency surgery very soon and attempt to remove it. It's a very dangerous surgery and it could go terribly wrong," she said gripping my hand.

I began to cry again, I didn't want anything to happen to my mum, she was my rock, she's all that I have left.

Bella's POV

Niall's Range Rover pulled into the restaurant and he scurried over to open my door for me. I giggled when he spread out his arms like a chariot driver.

"After you," he smiled. I stepped out of the car, taking in the view. The front of the restaurant was set up like we were walking the streets of Italy.

"Wow Niall, this is very nice," I smiled, I had never been to a place like this, I could never afford it.

"I knew you'd like it, the outside is pretty good but the food is better," he laughed and guided me inside.

...

We ate our delicious dinner and Niall insisted on taking me for ice cream. I ate plain vanilla as Niall went for chocolate chip.

We made it back to my dorm, and I unlocked the door, throwing my purse on to the couch. As I turned back around, Niall was shutting the door.

"I had a great time with you tonight Bella," he smiled, moving closer to me.

"I as well had a great time," I replied.

He moved in closer to me, past my personal bubble. I gasped when he connected our lips. I thought for a second, of Harry, would I ever see him again? I allowed Niall to kiss me anyways.

"See you soon," he smirked then bit down on his lip. He closed the door behind him as he closed my door. My head was spinning, I had kissed Niall and I really had no regrets.

(Hey y'all :) xoxo)