chapter23

The Next Day
Bella's POV

I lied in silence on my bed as Josie typed away on her computer. I began to twist my hair between my fingers, something I do when I'm anxious. I haven't been able to get Harry off of my mind all day, I haven't spoken to him yet either. I drew in a breathe, releasing a sigh, Josie looked up from her computer and her eyes trailed over to me.

"Are you alright babes?" She questioned, I wanted to say I was fine and that she could continue but nothing came out. She stood from her bed and walked over towards me, sitting beside me.

"You know, I just wish for once something good could work out for me," I sighed as she began to run her fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry Bella, I know you really like him," the problem is I might love him, and now he's leaving me. Of course I would never tell him that it would only cause him to rethink being with his mom. Anne needs him more than anything right now.

A tear begins to stream down my flustered cheeks, as I wipe my wet cheeks my phone buzzes on the table. I reach over Josie to grab it off the nightstand, the screen is lit up and it reads Harry's name.

*i'm on my way to see you love, I hope that's alright*

*of course it's alright* i quickly respond

I sit my phone back on the nightstand as I stand up, walking over to the full length mirror. I inch close to it as I poke at my puffy under eyes. I conclude I have to put on makeup so Harry can't tell I've been crying.

Soon after I finish applying my new face I hear a knock at the door. I practically sprint over to it swinging it open. Harry is standing with his hands in his leather jacket pockets, his head facing the floor.

As he looks up at me his eyes are bloodshot and his under eyes are red and puffy. Maybe even puffier than mine. I cup his cheeks with my hands as he walks through the door frame. He leans his forehead onto mine. A pain filled tear rolls down my face as I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Josie as she gives me a reassuring smile.

"I'm going to give you two some space," she smiles gently, trudging on her jacket. Soon Josie is gone and it's only the two of us in the room, just like I sometimes wish it always was.

"I'm sorry for coming here like this but needed to see you, I have some bad news and some good news," he starts, I wrap my arms around his neck.

"The bad news is..." his eyes start to cloud up again, " my mum and I have decided to leave sooner than planned as in tomorrow, but the good news is, the doctors in England have my mum's medicine ready for when she gets there," he shows a small smile as I feel myself crumble in his arms. It hits me that this could be the last time he'll hold me.

We haven't established the plans for our relationship but the last thing I want is to lose him. I excuse myself for a moment as I walk to the bathroom to pull myself together. "You got this Bella" I try to assure myself.

I run out and practically jump into his arms, immediately connecting our lips. I jump up, wrapping my legs around his lean torso. He carries me to the bed and lies me down.

"I've never said this to anyone but my mum," he begins leaning in to kiss me again. "I love you Isabella Taylor, more than anything, you brought back the light in my life when I was in one of my darkest times," he smiles as a tear runs down his face. My eyes begin to swell again as tears brim them.

"Harry, I love you, you've made me a different person than I was, you've made me happier, you've made me whole," He breaks my sentence by connecting our lips again. His kisses begin to trail down my neck to my sweet spot, right below my ear.