chapter46

Harry's POV

My mind was blank, it felt like a full on black out. I kept driving and driving until I reached the spot. I turned off the ignition trying to hold good grip of the door handle. I stumbled out of my car into the grass below, feeling it through my fingers.

I pulled a few blades from the ground as i stood to my feet, pushing my fingers through my hair. I stared out upon the glistening lake as I heard the typical chirping birds and croaking frogs.

I quickly made a bold choice as I ripped out of my clothes and dove into the murky water.

Bella's POV

Panic began to to set in as I called his phone many times until realizing it was broken. My heart was pumping out of my chest as Harry's Aunt approached me.

"Are you going to joi us at the grave side?" she weakly questioned. I sucked in a sharp breath before answering.

"Oh, i'm just waiting on Harry to bring the car around," i quickly assured her with a small nod. She nodded back to me, leaving me standing alone.

I rubbed my arms as the air got colder, i stood and waited, hoping he would return.

...

An hour had passed and i had began to allow my tears to roll down my face. I furiously wiped them, the anger spilled over me like a teapot. Harry had left me here, in London, alone.

I began to walk towards the direction of where we came from. I had no money for a bus, Harry had my wallet in his car. The further i got into town the scarier the faces became.

A rather tall man in a leather jacket was leaned against the wall. His beard long and his eyes cold and piercing. I shivered at his glare. I picked up my phone and pretended to answer it.

"Hello?" i started.

"hey babe. You're coming around the corner? okay i'll meet you there," i had said as i passed him, speed walking down the sidewalk. I sighed as i rounded the corner, pressing my back up against the wall. I was in a short, black dress, walking on the streets. I imagined I looked like a five dollar hooker. When in reality i was supporting my broken boyfriend, only for him to leave me alone.

Harry's POV

The sun beamed down on me as i lies on the bank. My eyes were shut, i was soaking in the sun and the truth. My mother was gone and i needed to accept it. After all, what was there to do?

My eyes shot open. Bella.

I scrambled to my feet, pulling my clothes on roughly. I had left her in that church full of people I didn't really know or care to know. I ran my fingers through my hair in annoyance of myself. Had she still been there? Was she left there alone? I hadn't had the strength to think so just drove.

I drove to where i hand left her, she was gone.

Bella's POV

I had been sitting on a bus bench as the bus came and went several times. I had no money and no source of transportation. I sat alone as my phone was slowly dying, like my soul. My heart was broken and each step I took felt like pins and needles.

I large black truck pulled into the bus pick up. I looked down at my feet to avoid eye contact. The window was rolled down, causing me to meet the young man's piercing blue eyes.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing here alone?" he smirked.

"W-waiting on my boyfriend," I blurted without thinking, breaking the eye contact between us.

"ahhh American and hot, I dig," he creepily smiled, biting down on his bottom lip.

"I have a boyfriend," I cut standing from the bench, beginning to walk. The mysterious boy began to follow, I picked up speed, so did he.

"Please stop following me," I yelled behind me, he hadn't listened as he continued to follow close behind in his large truck.

Suddenly a roaring sound came over the hill. I looked back to see headlights lighting up the road. I began to run as fast as my feet could take me. The truck roared behind me, quickly catching up. I came to a stop attempting to catch my breath as tears rolled down my face. The boy took to his feet, now running at me.

I was hauled to my feet and thrown over his shoulder. I began to kick and scream until the boy was attacked from behind.

I tumbled to the ground, scraping my knees on the concrete. I looked up to find Harry on top of the creep. His fist was crushing into the boy's abdomen. I raised my hand to cover my mouth in shock as blood appeared on his knuckles.

"How fucking dare you!" he screamed, throwing another punch into the guy, who was trying to fight back, failing miserably. The cool wind whipped my hair around as I watched from the distance. I needed to break it up before he killed him.

"Harry! Stop, you're gonna kill him," i yelled, pulling at Harry's arm. He wouldn't listen as his large fist kept crushing down on the boy.

"Harry if you keep going i'm going to jump in between and you could hit me!" I called to him, his arms fell to his side. and i managed to wrestle him off of the guy. The boy who had harassed me had taken to his feet and was running back to his vehicle.

Harry took my head into grip, repeating "i'm so sorry Bella" until he was having trouble breathing. I stayed still as my anger slowly returned. I pushed him off of me as i stormed away. I didn't know where i was going but it wasn't with him.

Harry's POV

I gripped her wrist, spinning her around to face me.

"Bella, please just let me explain," I pushed, looking deep into her eyes trying to find reel her in.

"Harry, just take me back to your house so I can shower and go home tomorrow," she sighed, walking towards my car down. the street. I had really fucked up this time.

...

My eyes grew heavier as i waited for Bella to emerge from the shower. I fought sleep so i could attempt to talk to her once more before i fell asleep.

She walked into my room, her hair wrapped in a towel, wearing my black t shirt i had left on the bathroom floor this morning. I smiled at the sight as she let her hair down from the towel.

Without a word she brushed out her long, dark hair and pulled back the covers. I pulled her close and she just allowed it. I felt terrible.

(Heyyyy guys!!! So i have some things up my sleeve and you'll find out about them soon enough!!! For now i hope you continue to enjoy the book!! xx)