chapter7

Bella's POV

Harry and I have been talking ever since the first day of the semester. A whole week has went by, and so far I know about his dad ending his own life only a few months ago and how he came from England 3 years ago.

I've told him about my parents ending their marriage. I haven't told him about my brother, it's just too painful and personal to talk about. After everything going on this week I've forgotten to call my mother. I pull out my phone and dial her number.

"Hey mom, sorry I haven't called," I sigh. I feel really bad for not calling her, she must be lonely now that I'm gone.

"Hey, honey," she laughs. I can hear laughing in the background.. a man's voice. It can't be my dad. There's no way they fixed things and didn't tell me.

"Who's with you mom? Is that dad? Have you two fixed things without telling me?" I attack her with questions that are running through my head. I hope I'm right and they just haven't told me about it yet.

"Bella slow down, it's not your dad. I'm with my new friend, David," she laughs at my frantic state that she has just snapped me out of.

"Wha...ho...who's David?" I search for the right words to say without showing the hurt that has now taken over me. I would normally be happy that my mom has made a friend. But something tells me he's more than just a friend. It's only been months since my mother and fathers divorce, how could she already have moved on? Is he really just a friend?  Maybe he is and I'm just over reacting.

"Well, honey, me and David were just about to go grab some dinner. I'll call you later and we can talk about this," she assures. Now I know I'm not over reacting, something has to being going on between them.

"Umm okay...bye," I'm kinda pissed off, kinda sad. I don't know what to think at this point. Has my mother gone mad?

"Bye darling," I hear her laugh again before she ends the call. I'm glad she's happy, by all means, it just confuses me how she can move on so quickly. Another thing, she never calls me darling. What is with her?

I make my way to my last class of the day still trying to wrap my head around my mother and her new "friend."

Harry's POV

I wake up with a pounding headache like every other day of my terrible life. I've tried to stop many times but I just can't, it's the only option I have to feel okay. I don't want to become what my dad was. I don't want to kill myself because I feel like I'm not good enough for my own family. If I have a family, that is.

When I look at the clock it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Holy shit, my alarm didn't go off. I've missed almost all of my classes and there's no damn way I'll make it to the last one in time. I guess that's what I get for wanting to live two hours away and for drinking on a Thursday night. Oh well, I roll back over and go to sleep once again.

When I finally wake up it's 6 o'clock in the afternoon. My last class would have just ended and I would be talking to that girl. That girl. She's probably lonely as hell right now.

Bella's POV

I walk into my last class of the day and see that the seat beside me is empty. Where is Harry? I wish I had his number and I could text him to ask. I sit in silence not talking at all the first 30 minutes, normally I would be talking to Harry about life and everything that comes with it, right about now.

"Excuse me?" I feel a tap on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turn around to see a blonde headed boy with the most gorgeous blue eyes. His hair is spiked and his long sleeve button up is rolled to his biceps.

"Yes?" I respond to the beautiful boy. I've never seen him before, or all week at least. He must be new here.

"Can you please hand me that?" He smiles pointing to the pen beside my foot. It takes me a minute to respond as I find myself lost in his eyes.

"Please?" He repeats. A small snicker leaves his thin lips as he notices me staring.

"Oh, yes! Of course, sorry," I laugh reaching down to grab his pen. I can't believe I just did that. I'm such a freaking dork.

"Thank you. I'm Niall, by the way," he smiles a bright smile that is pearly white.

"Isabella," I respond smiling back at him, trying not to be awkward.

The rest of the class goes by slow. I pick at my nail polish as the professor ends his lecture. I don't even realize we are dismissed until I hear someone call my name. I look back to see Niall standing at the door laughing at me.

"Oh, sorry," I say giving the professor a small smile while exiting the room. I've been thinking about my mom all class.

"Are you okay?" Niall questions sounding concerned. I'm caught off guard, me being used to Harry's sarcasm. Even if you didn't know Harry you could feel his sarcasm from a mile away.

"Yeah, just thinking," I respond smiling back at him. This whole situation with my mom and her new man has me really rattled. I don't know rather to be happy, angry, or sad. I have mixed emotions that I can't seem to control. I'm still not over my parents splitting up.

"Are you sure?" He doesn't even know me and he's still concerned. I haven't had anyone care for me in months. This feels nice.

"Yes, I'm sure," I give him an assuring smile. He's really nice, really attractive, and seems to be really smart and focused. He's the total package. 

When I reach my dorm I say bye to Niall and unlock the door. I don't see any sign of Corrine, she must be with the stranger from the beginning of the week. As the talk with my mother keeps tearing at me I decide I will go visit her this weekend. I grab my overnight bag and begin packing.

Harry's POV

I walk out of my room to see my mum at the stove cooking us dinner. Shit. I've lived here for 21 years and haven't cooked dinner once. I've helped my mum when I was younger, but never by myself. Tonight will be the night. I won't let my mom stand there and wear herself out. I walk over to her taking the spoon from her.

"Harry, darling, what are you doing?" She weakly asks.

"I'm gonna cook for you, mum. You look tired," I smile at her. She smiles at me, agreeing. She walks over to take a seat at the little table, observing me.

"Would you like some tea?" I question while sitting her plate in front of her.

"Non sense Harry, you don't have to do all of this," she scolds, "I am fine," she adds. I can sense that she is lying.

"Mum, that's ridiculous. I'm happy to do this for you," I smile, putting the kettle on the stove.